Looking of a usb soundcard

spectrascope

A 240ohm card will drive 600ohm headphones. It just won't be as loud at max it would be roughly half the volume is all.

To be honest I don't know if you'll have much luck finding a USB card that will power your headphones fully as 600ohm headphones have a greater power requirement than most. More than you are likely to get from a USB port.

So do you run your headphones at max? I would suggest going into a pc hardware Store and just trying some USB sound cards.

A 240ohm card will drive 600ohm headphones. It just won't be as loud at max it would be roughly half the volume is all.

To be honest I don't know if you'll have much luck finding a USB card that will power your headphones fully as 600ohm headphones have a greater power requirement than most. More than you are likely to get from a USB port.

So do you run your headphones at max? I would suggest going into a pc hardware Store and just trying some USB sound cards.

Some times I do and want to beaable to do it with out driving the amp into clipping a current problem with the onboard

Looked into the FiiO E7 only 300ohms

I am finding some internal cards that will do 600ohm as much as I would like usb for a portable solution I ma haft to go with an internal to get power levels I needs

Edited by spectrascope

You will if you want to avoid clipping need some audiophile gear there are some audiophile USB headphone amps.... Now do not confuse the gain for volume it is only there to set the amp so it's got the right input/output luckily in your case this will have to be max with something like this

http://www.audiophileproducts.com/usbstereo

Unfortunately such products come with obscene price tags so what's your budget op (sorry if you have already posted it) and what headset do you have?

Denon HP1000's

Budget around $200

I am looking for a sound card specifically as I need a clear mic input to, Like I said would love portability of usb but it is becoming apperant that is not going to happen.

current considering the the Asus Xonar STX 7.1 and swapping the amps to LME49860's

Claro XT is also under consideration http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829271005

Auzentech X-Fi Forte + possible op upgrades in the future

Denon HP1000's

Budget around $200

I am looking for a sound card specifically as I need a clear mic input to, Like I said would love portability of usb but it is becoming apperant that is not going to happen.

current considering the the Asus Xonar STX 7.1 and swapping the amps to LME49860's

Claro XT is also under consideration http://www.newegg.co...N82E16829271005

Auzentech X-Fi Forte + possible op upgrades in the future

Alright the fiio e7 is a good headphone amp... but it's big brother the Fiio E9 is what you want (keep in mind this is only for headphones not 5.1 or anything). If you can do an internal you can still get the 5.1 or 7.1 surround that is lacking in something like the e9

If you have a laptop or multiple comps and primarily use you denon's (nice headphones btw :thumbsup:) then I beleive the E9 is for you. The pre out of the E9 is perfect for use with a sub so you can listen crystal clear and feel the beats too.

Now I am sorry I do not know the rep of the store I linked you too but that is the sort of price youll loook at and yo will get line in and out and the ability to bundle with via the dock the e7 giving a truely hi fidelity usb sound device.

Bundled cost 199.90 on micca

• 1 month later...