[NEED HELP!]OCing my Phenom X6 1090T for 1st time & also learn

xxpaigexx

I wouldn't push it too hard - that motherboard only has 4-phase power for the CPU.

After nearly blowing a board trying to run a STOCK X6 in BluePanda's rig (which has 4 phase power but no heatsinks on the VRMs) I'd suggest not going over 1.5 volts at all for your OC.

http://www.overclock.net/amd-motherboards/946407-amd-motherboard-vrm-information-list.html

Waco, the link to XD's information on good boards was very interesting. A lot of it is over my head but I have a good board. My phase is 8+1. But why is there an asterisk beside the phase figure and what does it refer to???????

Lordred of the Nvidia Forums gave me a smallish O/C and the temps didn't change. I have watercooling on the CPU and the mosfet cooler was to hot to touch so I put that little fan from the dead Crosshair on the cooling fins. It probably helps a little bit.

Edited by Cespenar

Using that tweaker program, was actually the only way i could get 4.1 stable, had to push 1.5 on all power phases and force 20.5 on each one as well... after that ran prime 95 blend for over an hour without an error, Prior to that errord out in like the first 14 tests

Using that tweaker program, was actually the only way i could get 4.1 stable, had to push 1.5 on all power phases and force 20.5 on each one as well... after that ran prime 95 blend for over an hour without an error, Prior to that errord out in like the first 14 tests

+1 Same here. I get a BSOD whenever I attampted it on my MSI motherboard at 4.0GHz. I've used 4 different other boards with a 1090T and they were all fine at overclocking via the BIOS. Part of the reason I use the PhenomMSRTweaker, but another reason is to get rid of the CnQ that I can't get rid of in the BIOS (CnQ turned off in the BIOS doesn't really turn it off). Plus, I can get to 4.2GHz with the PhenomMSRTweaker. :P

+1 Same here. I get a BSOD whenever I attampted it on my MSI motherboard at 4.0GHz. I've used 4 different other boards with a 1090T and they were all fine at overclocking via the BIOS. Part of the reason I use the PhenomMSRTweaker, but another reason is to get rid of the CnQ that I can't get rid of in the BIOS (CnQ turned off in the BIOS doesn't really turn it off). Plus, I can get to 4.2GHz with the PhenomMSRTweaker. :P

How much voltage to you you think ill need to add if any, to get a 4.2 clock? I have it running at 1.5 right now with a 1.3NB

(Edit)

Man the amount of voltage you have to push into these things is insane, i had to bump it up from 1.5 to 1.5375 to get a 4.2, Its running Prime 95 blend right now its 7 tests in and only pushing 47c. Using the Corsair H100 Extreme that just came out in July, Not in push pull config either (yet), waiting on my noctua fans

Edited by Meteora