Need a little more framerate from 4870.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be at the point of diminishing returns....though have you bee turning down your memory from exceeding their stock spec'd speeds??

Is your chip a Black Edition??

No I haven't messed with the RAM at all. And yes it is a Black Edition.

oh never mind my comment on the ram then..

you shouldn't need to raise the NB voltage to get further you may simply be limited by how far that chip can go, is 26C the load temp?

oh never mind my comment on the ram then..

you shouldn't need to raise the NB voltage to get further you may simply be limited by how far that chip can go, is 26C the load temp?

26 is the idle temp overclocked I haven't checked the load temp but I don't expect it to be higher than 45 C. The problem right now is that when I try to boot into windows right when I get onto desktop it's completely black I have no icons but I can move the mouse cursor around. I'm in safe mode now. I reverted the changes in my BIOS so I am back to 2.8 ghz and everything is set to normal and I still have the black desktop problem.

Did you forget to put in your product key and have used Windows for longer than 30 days?

This install of windows has worked for like six months. Validation is correct as well.

Update I just did start up restore and it worked i'm off safe mode. I'm thinking I should raise vcore much higher than I am more than .25 at a time?

Well . now I can't even get Avast! to open or even run a scan in safe mode. Malware Bytes either.

Edited by AllYourF0rt

Well I re installed windows and everything is running fine. I wasn't even able to get into safe mode it was crashing so I did start up repair and it worked. I'm not sure if it was the overclock that did it I never even came close to overheating. I really would like to get a stable oc on just the cpu since I can't on gpu.