1366 MSI BIG BANG BOARD ISSUE

Trap, once you get your Vertex 2 on the Intel controller and install the Intel RST driver, use the following utility to tweak your system for optimal SSD performance;

SSD Tweaker

http://majorgeeks.com/SSD_Tweaker_d6382.html

However, personally I keep the indexing service running because I do a lot of hdd searches, so I appreciate the cache of indexed locations. But the other tweaks are valid. I also keep superfetch enabled.

Last but not least, if you are running Windows 7, go in to power plan options and disable "turn off hard disk". Set the value to "never"

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that you have Windows installed, you can verify whether you are running in AHCI mode by running the following from an elevated command prompt;

"fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify" without the quotation marks

If it returns a value of "0" then your SSD is running in AHCI mode.

If it returns a value of "1" then it is running in IDE mode.

It says zero...so i should just swap my drive to the other sata ports and it should improve?

Yes. But after you do that, make sure to install the Intel RST drivers. They will help improve performance over the regular iastore drivers and will allow you to enable write back cache :)

show2y.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Slight increase in read speeds when using the sata II ports. I already have the rapid storage tech drivers installed. 10.5... is the latest one.

On my P6t6 these numbers werent so bad. The reason i got this board was for the 3.0 and sata 3. Hope i don't end up with regretting it. I'll the other software you suggested now.

Trop

I don't think you'll regret it. I'm not a huge MSI fan, and even I like this board :)

It's reliable, performance is on par with other x58 boards for the most part and it has a pretty rich feature set. No question that the future of SSD is going to the SATAIII design specification, so you'll be set for future upgrades. The key is matching technology to technology. In your situation, if you wanted the very best SSD performance using the Marvell SATAIII controller, you would need to match a SATAIII SSD with it.

Now don't make any mistake, the Marvell 88SE9128 controller is a dog compared to their latest chipset, and certainly compared to the P67 chipset, but it is a usable solution should you want to pair a SATAIII SSD with it.