Hello everyone, i need an advice

CPU Voltage - to push much past 3.6Ghz you'll need to take off of Auto and enter a static CPU voltage. Since you can do 3.6Ghz at 1.22v you need to find out at what cpu frequency 1.22 volts just wont cut it anymore - then bump the vcore up to 1.25v and start testing again

(warning - at your current voltages and cpu frequency you are at about the max load temp limit I'd be comfortable running at 24/7 - so to go much further you'll need to consider aftermarket cooling)

Load Line Calibration - change from Auto to Enabled

Memory Voltage - change from Auto to the voltage specified for your RAM by the manufacturer

CPU Spread Spectrum - Disabled

PCIe Spread Spectrum - Disabled

Other than that you're doing pretty darned good considering that you haven't messed with much else. Congrats.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPU Voltage - to push much past 3.6Ghz you'll need to take off of Auto and enter a static CPU voltage. Since you can do 3.6Ghz at 1.22v you need to find out at what cpu frequency 1.22 volts just wont cut it anymore - then bump the vcore up to 1.25v and start testing again

(warning - at your current voltages and cpu frequency you are at about the max load temp limit I'd be comfortable running at 24/7 - so to go much further you'll need to consider aftermarket cooling)

Memory Voltage - change from Auto to the voltage specified for your RAM by the manufacturer

Other than that you're doing pretty darned good considering that you haven't messed with much else. Congrats.

:withstupid: Maybe throw a cheap Sunbeam Core Contact 120mm or Corsair A70 on that little guy

I did everything like you said! Also i have a few questions

1- Since my auto gives me about 1.2v for 3.6ghz should i try to manually set it lower lets say 1.18v or whatever to lower my consumption/heat etc since people said they overvolt a bit on auto? (It's called core voltage right?)

2- Would it benefit me Temp wise?

3- Also should i try to apply new thermal paste on it? (Arctic Silver 5, high density polysynthetic silver compound)

4- About the memory voltage, how can i tell? Everest states this: DIMM1: Kingston 2G-UDIMM 2 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-18 @ 400 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)

Thanks for the answers.

Edited by Unsealed

I couldn't catch the sale for the h60 on NCIX, on a good note my system is very stable at 1.18v for 3.6ghz!

So far i have my

AI Overclock Tuner: Manual

FSB Freq : 400

PCIE Freq : 100

FSB strap to NB: Auto

Dram Freq: Auto

Dram Timing Control: Auto

Dram Static read control: Auto

Dram Read Training: Auto

MEM. OC charger: Auto

Ai Clock Twister: auto

Ai Transaction booster: Auto

Cpu Voltage : 1.18125

FSB termination volt: Auto

Memory Voltage : Auto ( It says 1.8v on my ram should i put it that?)

NB Voltage : Auto

SB Voltage: Auto

Load-Line Calibration: Enabled

CPU GTL Reference: Auto

CPU spread Spectrum: Disabled

PCIE spread Spectrum: Disabled

CPU clock skew: Auto

NB clock skew: Auto

CPU Margin Enhancement: Optimized

Anything i should change To improve my performance and reduce my cpu temp? atm i idle at 33 load @ 58 max!! thanks for the advices guys!

Edit: I am also trying to lower the cpu voltage to 1.16v to see if it's gonna be stable is it a good idea? xD

Edited by Unsealed