Mousepads and Keyboards

Gotcha, yeah HTPCs are the only real reason one should get a wireless keyboard :).

I'll do some digging, would you want a combo (keyboard/mouse) or just keyboard??

Like I said, preferably with trackball or touchpad on it but not necessary, I already have a nice Microsoft Mini Explorer wireless mouse that I use with my HTPC now.

Get the Warpad. :biggrin:

A little late there, already ordered the wowpad. :P

Actually it was Panda's review on the Warpad that inspired me to want to try out a new mousepad though. :D

Edited by Deathmineral

I've decided to hold off on the wireless keyboard for now, kind of realized I probably won't use it enough to make it worth what I'd have to pay for a decent one. I actually found a great deal on this Solar Logitech Keyboard though, thought I'd share it for anyone interested and I'm too lazy right now to make a real thread for it on market place deals section.:lol:

Anyway, thanks again for all your help guys, I should be getting the wowpad in the next day or two so I'll let you know what I think of it. :D

I just got in the wowpad and it seems kind of nice but didn't help quite the way I thought it would. See, one of the reasons I wanted to get a new one was because a friend of mine told me a while back that a nice quality mousepad would make my Deathadder perform a little better, well it looks like that turned out to be false. I'm not sure if I'll use this wowpad or not though, it doesn't really help much and it's a little bigger than I'd like, but I think I'll give it some time, see if I don't find a reason to prefer it.

I just got in the wowpad and it seems kind of nice but didn't help quite the way I thought it would. See, one of the reasons I wanted to get a new one was because a friend of mine told me a while back that a nice quality mousepad would make my Deathadder perform a little better, well it looks like that turned out to be false. I'm not sure if I'll use this wowpad or not though, it doesn't really help much and it's a little bigger than I'd like, but I think I'll give it some time, see if I don't find a reason to prefer it.

You could always cut it down some, yeah mine is huge but I tuck part of it under my monitor stand and keyboard :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give an updated an opinion on the mousepad now that I've used it it for a while and gotten used to it. I really like it a lot, still feels a little too big but not problematic since it's pretty much thin as paper. While I'm not sure if my mouse works any better on it than others, I can tell definitely tell that my mouse movements seem to have become more precise, not sure why that is though, I think it's because it glides across this pad more smoothly than a normal cloth pad. Anyway, I really like it, glad I got it. :D

Just wanted to give an updated an opinion on the mousepad now that I've used it it for a while and gotten used to it. I really like it a lot, still feels a little too big but not problematic since it's pretty much thin as paper. While I'm not sure if my mouse works any better on it than others, I can tell definitely tell that my mouse movements seem to have become more precise, not sure why that is though, I think it's because it glides across this pad more smoothly than a normal cloth pad. Anyway, I really like it, glad I got it. :D

The reason for the more percise movement is due to the way these kinds of pads are made. A combination of a microtexture as well as pattern on the pad, a small one that you cannot see without a real effort, means that the optical mouse can now see very percise movements that they could not on a more traditional pad.

Now in fairness all of the hard pads use the same system so from a performance viewpoint they are essentially the same. The reasons I picked the WoW!Pad over them are as follows:

1. Anti Bacterial Surface
  2. Ultra Thin
  3. Large area

The pad that you got and the one I use is BIG. In fact it is so big it fills my desk keyboard drawer front to back and takes up about 40% side to side. However the ultrathin design means that it can sit with a section under the keyboard but not make the keyboard feal lopsided. This allows me to have a large mousing area at the right side of the tray.

The anti-bacterial sounds like a gimmick and I suppose to a small extent it is however during the winter is does have benefit. The PVC surface helps kill off cold germs by not allowing them another place to live.

BTW long term wear report., we have two pads in use here. I have the big one picutred for going on 5 years now and my wife has a smaller one with one of the Masterpiece paintings on it for 3 years. The slight rough texture you feel when you run your finger over the pad on mine has worn smooth over 5 years however I have noticed no difference in mouse performance. The wife's has begun to do the same thing after 3.