Yamaha Seca 750 Finally Done, lots of pics!.

GabrielT

The bike already has a "generator", that is what charges the battery and lets you run your headlights. Just splice into the electrical system(main harness, not the headlight harness which could easily be over stressed) and run a cheap small 12v DC-120v AC inverter. You won't need more then a few watts to charge a camera.

An axle driven generator is not very feasible - you would need gear reduction and overvolt protection since most generators are probable only a few hundred RPMs and a motorcycle spins thousands. Even if you were to get it to work, you will also be adding a ton of parasitic drivetrain loss and lose a lot of power.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bike already has a "generator", that is what charges the battery and lets you run your headlights. Just splice into the electrical system(main harness, not the headlight harness which could easily be over stressed) and run a cheap small 12v DC-120v AC inverter. You won't need more then a few watts to charge a camera.

An axle driven generator is not very feasible - you would need gear reduction and overvolt protection since most generators are probable only a few hundred RPMs and a motorcycle spins thousands. Even if you were to get it to work, you will also be adding a ton of parasitic drivetrain loss and lose a lot of power.

bikes are cool, and there's plenty of juice

What's that screen looking thingy on your caliper? Some kind of heat dissipation array?

Heat dissipation, allowing airflow through but no foreign objects in maybe?

it's air cooling for the new electronics ABS brakes... (front and rear ABS) ..they're Amazing...

as you can see, modern motorcycles have plenty of junctions available from which to pull 12 v, and lots of plug-in's, including a cigarette lighter/power take off for accessories...

you can plug in anything just about anywhere without difficulties...

it's air cooling for the new electronics ABS brakes... (front and rear ABS) ..they're Amazing...

as you can see, modern motorcycles have plenty of junctions available from which to pull 12 v, and lots of plug-in's, including a cigarette lighter/power take off for accessories...

you can plug in anything just about anywhere without difficulties...

Cruisers are crazy, haha. They need to make AFFBS (Anti Front Flip Brake System brakes), is your bike setup where the main brake lever works both the front and rear brakes at the same time?

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Cruisers are crazy, haha. They need to make AFFBS (Anti Front Flip Brake System brakes), is your bike setup where the main brake lever works both the front and rear brakes at the same time?

hehe anti-lock brake systems don't flip and stop faster than their skid-prone, front flip, predecessors, which i rode with most all my life... front front back back

i'm still in the market for a quality ride cam that has real good pics and resolution that i can bring aboard and modify as a traffic/trouble documenting device sorta like the cops use but not expensive...

i wanna make some ride vids

hehe anti-lock brake systems don't flip and stop faster than their skid-prone, front flip, predecessors, which i rode with most all my life... front front back back

i'm still in the market for a quality ride cam that has real good pics and resolution that i can bring aboard and modify as a traffic/trouble documenting device sorta like the cops use but not expensive...

i wanna make some ride vids

They can still flip ya if you don't balance them though, because they'd be stopping as hard as traction allows right??

But i know some of the more expensive/bigger bikes automatically balance the front and back but my little Ninja is all manual control braking

They can still flip ya if you don't balance them though, because they'd be stopping as hard as traction allows right??

But i know some of the more expensive/bigger bikes automatically balance the front and back but my little Ninja is all manual control braking

you're to smart for me ivi... here, this will answer all your questions and help you see the light...

any ideas for a good cam?

you're to smart for me ivi... here, this will answer all your questions and help you see the light...

any ideas for a good cam?

Nice video, I guess it is still balanced manually, I know some bikes (maybe Goldwings?) automatically apply a fair balance of both together with just the main brake lever.

As for the camera, I'm not the one to ask sorry :whistling:

• 1 month later...