Core i7 950 @4.5 - 5.0 GHz on GA EX58-Extreme Mobo

Hi;

I'm beginner about overclocking

I have an Intel Core i7 950 CPU. Could I write my computer's properties, you could tell me 4.4 - 4.5 or 5 GHz is needed to run the BIOS settings, if possible Can you write? Thank you in advance.

Mobo : Gigabyte EX-58 Extreme (Bios F12)

CPU : Intel Core i7 950 D0

Ram : G-SKILL 6GB (3*2GB) Trident+Fan 2000MHz DDR3 CL9 Triple Kit

PSU : 1200 Watt Gigabyte Odin Pro

HDD : 5x500 GB WD SATA II 7200 RPM (RAID 0)

VGA : MSI GTX570 Twin FrozrII/OC GDDR5 1280MB 320Bit

Sound : CREATIVE X-FI TITANIUM FATAL1TY CHAMPION

CPU Cooling : NOCTUA NH-D14 Double

Case: Cooler Master Cosmos Series

The best air cooling can hold for OC is usually ranged from 3.8 to 4.5 @max depending on airflow of the case, and ambient temp. Best bet if you want to reach 5GHz (Which is most likely not going to happen but at least close :snap:) is custom watercooling. And please note that not every motherboard yielding same result of overclock. Varies per person.....:-/

on the side note, why not take a ssd? that little thing will boost your overall experience of Windows and OC :thumbsup:

Oh, and Welcome to OCC!

Edited by hermes09

"HDD : 5x500 GB WD SATA II 7200 RPM (RAID 0)" just get a SDD. That would beat any drive in Raid 0

4.5 on a 950 is going to be tough. You would need Noctura DH14 or similar. For 5 you will definitely need a custom loop. Thats if you can get to 5 at all.

Edited by Black6464

You will not get 5GHz even with watercooling. I got 4.51GHz stable on my 930 with custom water. You will most likely need in the area of 1.425v to achieve 4.5GHz or a tad more.

40GB will be next to useless with win7 and all its updates. Get a 64GB atleast.

Also like the others said you're waaaaay too hopeful on the overclock, 4.5ghz is more realistic if you have a good chip.

40GB will be next to useless with win7 and all its updates. Get a 64GB atleast.

Also like the others said you're waaaaay too hopeful on the overclock, 4.5ghz is more realistic if you have a good chip.

5 * 40 GB = 200 GB. RAID0. I buy 5 pieces of the disc. I think this will be enough.

Can you tell me how to do 4.5 GHz overclocking? Detailed BIOS settings. Thank You.

Edited by gulengoksel