Hard drive dying?

nickk47

Contrary to your comment, my FurMark score went down by 30 points when I installed the new 11.5 drivers.

Also, I updated the BIOS to the latest one, and guess what.........EVERYTHING IS SMOOTH NOW!! WOOOHOOO!

And, I deleted this startup program; It was like AsusACPI or something and I was like wtf is this and deleted it. Now, everything is smooth. I can play SC2 on Extreme no problem.

So...thankfully none of my hardwares were damaged by my sparking power supply and my drives werent dying either!

But here's one thing I'll never be able to know...which one of thse things I did fixed the problem? :P

Thank you guys for the help and suggestions to keep me in pursing this. <3

Edited by nickk47

Who cares it works :P (furmark just prints numbers, what about other games?? )

Sounds like 11.5 made some good ;)

Maybe your bios had to be updated to improve raid compatibility and performance?

Yeah my money is on the BIOS doing something haha.

Im crazily itching to upgrade my system but its still such a beast!!

The things im looking at are a Core 2 Quad Yorkfield with the 12mb cache and upgrading to a Windows 7. And obviously a small space SSD for OS and mainly used Apps. The proc is so overpriced for how old it is...:(

You mean like a whole new rig right? Yeah Ive been thinking on it, just like those upgrades but either way, theres no real reason behind to upgrade as all my games run fine atm.

If Diablo 3 and Skyrim is sluggish on my current setup on med-high settings, then ill think about it ;)

I do concur though, AMD setups are freakin "bang for the buck" right now.

Edited by nickk47

You mean like a whole new rig right? Yeah Ive been thinking on it, just like those upgrades but either way, theres no real reason behind to upgrade as all my games run fine atm.

If Diablo 3 and Skyrim is sluggish on my current setup on med-high settings, then ill think about it ;)

I do concur though, AMD setups are freakin "bang for the buck" right now.

if you have any probs or your pc dies consider AMD, trust me they are bang for buck you can buy a 955 for $100 or even less :biggrin:

AMD phenom II X4 955 CPU is a great choice but i'm going to upgrade to a bulldozer...soon :thumbsup: