ocing 965 with a d 14

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good!! you could try going back up now if you wanted (in frequency) or try lowering your voltage of your CPU. You have room in either direction most likely!

i will probably leave it alone for a while, i kinda want to do water cooling, ive been tossing the idea around in my head for a while, my only concern is dropping all that money for it, and having a catastrophic leak, have you any knowledge of peltiers?

I wont let you lol, the D14 is such a beast as it is....though I may let you if you give to me for free :3

yeah, but i have more than one pc, ill slap it in the folding rig and try to learn to overclock with a locked multi

23 ish hours stable, the ac has been running and now its holding at 49 degrees, so my official conclusion is:

fans configured wrong were fixed and reapplied thermal paste, showed little improvement,

got a few thermal cycles on the compound showed some improvements

air conditioning improved ambient temps greatly, now my problem is solved, although i got a little bit of overclocking fever in the middle of it all, i am very happy with my stability and temps.

Edited by camaro_dude15

eeeeew, though that lowly thing doesn't need the D14 as much as my 920 tongue.gif

I could swap the Zalman for your D14, as the Zalman will easily cool that tongue.gif

hah i dunno, i might send you a coolermaster v6 for your zalman.

Edited by camaro_dude15