ocing 965 with a d 14

Stock voltage should usually be 1.35... And I'm pretty sure you can undervolt it if you are on stock settings. My 955 @ 3.8 has a max load of about 50 C if my room is <78° F, normal load, temps are about 46 C. How's the airflow of your case?

well cable management is good, psu gets its own air out of the bottom of the case, has all the original fans that came with the case, its a haf 932, recently cleaned out, the heatsink is like brand new, doesnt have any dust on/in it,

fan layout,

200mm up front, intake

200mm side, intake

200mm top exhuast

140mm back exhuast

this case has vents every where,but i guess its positive pressure, even though it probably doesnt hold much pressure

Edited by camaro_dude15

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well cable management is good, psu gets its own air out of the bottom of the case, has all the original fans that came with the case, its a haf 932, recently cleaned out, the heatsink is like brand new, doesnt have any dust on/in it,fan layout, 200mm up front, intake200mm side, intake200mm top exhuast140mm back exhuastthis case has vents every where,but i guess its positive pressure, even though it probably doesnt hold much pressure

Wheres the side fan blowing into? And you might have a hot little chip... I only needed ~1.4-1.42 v to get 3.8 :D and mines a C2.

the side fan is blowing onto the graphics card, and i dont know what voltage i needed for 3.8 i guessed just to see if it was my ambient air temp thats the problem, if it was my temps shouldnt have gone up much, i think im finally going to pull the trigger on water cooling, i just can find a rad that i want, i want big and thick, with a dense fin per inch count for loud fast fans, noise doesnt bother me, i would rather have better temps.

and my temps dropped to 45 after a few hours of folding, so i guess im back where im started, now i just got to wait for the ac to work its magic, i was thinking about cutting some holes for cables in my mini fridge and using it for a case, lol

Edited by camaro_dude15

I wouldnt blow money on water cooling if you dont have a good clocking chip, tbe d14 is plenty competitive with many water coolers.

What are you measurin the temps with??

oh and mythos, this chip overclocks great, it is easy to get stable, i had 4.0 stable with the old cooler, it was in the winter and mother nature decided i needed to back it down and then it started to really heat up, so i bought this cooler, on my v6 i put two crazy fast fans on it and i think thats why i show no improvement on the d14,

Yeah the cooling difference shouldn't be that big but I would expect better temps from a D14 on a C3 965...

try overclocking as far as it will go under 62C load, I'm curious...