Successful overclock on the Phenom II X4 955?

okay lets get started so i overclocked my phenom II X4 955 from 3.2GHz to 3.4GHz, but just remeber im a noob at this, this was my first and my test. it went great, the only problem is am i doing it right, i just increased the multiplier in the bios, is this how you do it? my idle temps are the same 36degrees C, but i raised the cpu power in vision centre which brought it up to 41degrees C. would AOD be easier or harder? is it safe for me to overclock on the stock heatsink? should i keep it on 3.4GHz or bring it back to defualt 3.2GHz and wait till i get the Hyper 212+ then overclock to 3.6 or 3.8GHz?

thank you soooooooo much :thumbsup:

EDIT:

i increased the multiplier on the bios from x16 to x17 just for testing. thought it would overheat because on stock. so should i keep the overclock or defualt and wait till i get the hyper 212+ to overclock? :whoa:

post-77066-13052045516903_thumb.png

Edited by TCcomputers29

why did you raised the cpu power? the vcore should stay at default 1.35

and yes . you should waith for a beter cooler

i raised it so it would show 3.4GHz in CPU-Z :ph34r: okay i'll wait for the 212+ but would AOD be easier to overclock than the bios?

i raised it so it would show 3.4GHz in CPU-Z :ph34r: okay i'll wait for the 212+ but would AOD be easier to overclock than the bios?

no. i tink bios is the best way to oc

,,felicidades'' for your first oc :thumbsup::cheers:

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. it is steady at 36 degrees C but i'm not going to run prime95 or something like that i'm going to reset and wait till the 212+, but one question could the phenom II X4 955 reach 4.2GHz with the 212+? or even 4GHZ?

yes it was my first OC :bow:

4000mhz yes( depending how are your room temp , i live in spain and now i have in the room 28 oC and is not save on air cooling) but 4.200 mhz only with wc

for the other question, i have a bad chip and i can't go above 4 Ghz , if you have a beter chip yes you can go at 4,2ghz

4000mhz yes( depending how are your room temp , i live in spain and now i have in the room 28 oC and is not save on air cooling) but 4.200 mhz only with wc

for the other question, i have a bad chip and i can't go above 4 Ghz , if you have a beter chip yes you can go at 4,2ghz

would the 212+ get 3.8GHz? is this possible? oh yeah, how does overclocking improve gaming performance, is it the frequency

would the 212+ get 3.8GHz? is this possible? oh yeah, how does overclocking improve gaming performance, is it the frequency

3,8 ghz is the best oc for the 955 be in my opinion

and yes the 212+ is a good cooler for oc the 955

3,8 ghz is the best oc for the 955 be in my opinion

and yes the 212+ is a good cooler for oc the 955

You're being overly pessimistic! OP should go as high as he can, 955's can get just as high as other chips. (Note: After you get the Hyper!)