Processor Multiplier question

I was wondering if the cpu Multiplier in my system is too high...

x38 seems awful high. I remember my old computers multiplier going to 12ish or so ?

I just built a brand new rig and I havent been in the computer scene lately. The last time I knew about current gen parts, Intel E8400's and 680i chipsets and DDR2 were the hot new thing.

Well I tried to change my signature so that I could list the specs in there, but I don't know how.

Intel core I7 2600K 3.4 ghz

Asus MAximus IV Extreme

G.skill DDR3-2200

OCZ Vertex 3 SSD

Edited by Shadowfactor

I was wondering if the cpu Multiplier in my system is too high...

x38 seems awful high. I remember my old computers multiplier going to 12ish or so ?

I just built a brand new rig and I havent been in the computer scene lately. The last time I knew about current gen parts, Intel E8400's and 680i chipsets and DDR2 were the hot new thing.

Well I tried to change my signature so that I could list the specs in there, but I don't know how.

Intel core I7 2600K 3.4 ghz

Asus MAximus IV Extreme

G.skill DDR3-2200

OCZ Vertex 3 SSD

2600K's get 48x. The new intels are based on multi not FSB.

2600K's get 48x. The new intels are based on multi not FSB.

:withstupid:

The base clock (or FSB in the old days) is only 100 instead of 333 or 266 like the some older systems. Higher multipliers are needed to keep normal frequencies

stupid.gif

The base clock (or FSB in the old days) is only 100 instead of 333 or 266 like the some older systems. Higher multipliers are needed to keep normal frequencies

LOL, an echo! an echo!cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif