overclock i7930

have done intel burn test for 50 rounds with no error or freeze and have run prime 95 for 10 houers non stop no problem.

just finished crysis 2 with about 2 hours of gaming time.

could i consider my cpu overclock to be stable?

my temps at max is 63c and given it is winter at the moment you can add 10 - 13c for the summer time with HT enabled.

Edited by Mercman

By using gigabyte x58 especially UD3,you can not expect to use this MB to oc too much,when i use this motherboard to oc to 3.9ghz,it becomes unstable

That could have easily been user error. The UD3 is a good board and can handle clocks well above 3.9ghz.

By using gigabyte x58 especially UD3,you can not expect to use this MB to oc too much,when i use this motherboard to oc to 3.9ghz,it becomes unstable

Irrelevant - even if you have the same board YMMV. Regardless, there isn't any reason that ANY i7 920 to 950 shouldn't run at 3.9Ghz stable.

If you need help getting it stable at 3.9Ghz start your own thread and we'll be happy to help.

Regards,

I'm running 85c (load of course), 100c is the safe top end of these chips I probably wouldn't push over 90c though. I'm plenty comfortable with anywhere under 90c though

Yes HT is on smile.gif

100 is the top TJ for the chip but nobody recommends getting even close to this temp. 90 is crazy to recommend also. Keep it around 80 and you will never have a problem. Us hardcore overclockers push it, I will say that....

Edited by Drdeath

Irrelevant - even if you have the same board YMMV. Regardless, there isn't any reason that ANY i7 920 to 950 shouldn't run at 3.9Ghz stable.

If you need help getting it stable at 3.9Ghz start your own thread and we'll be happy to help.

Regards,

The UD3 can get overclocks over 4.5Ghz with the right cooling.

kkkk.png

453stable.png

Edited by Drdeath