Irregular CPU temps with Silver Arrow

Have Chiller 3, AS5 and Diamond Formula 7..........AS5 gives me a idle of about 35c while the Formula 7 is near 40c.....Ive tried the spreading over the CPU....the Line and the Pea...so far the PEA with the Chiller 3 is giving me 32c idle...but is this right??? I see reviews all over the net with an idle of 20-25c....I seem to not be able to get anywhere near that. Can anyone tell me whats going on here?

Am I crazy or does the review saw the idle was 31c.....is it me or are bsing about there temps!?

Edited by vlad86

From the reviews the X spread method is best. Also are you sure you have the heatsink screwed down tight and have the CPU fan pluged in?

I've seen overwhelming evidence that the pea method is best. If his fanS weren't plugged in, he would be getting much worse temps. I'm sure the silver arrow would do well passively, but the temps would be WAY higher than 32.

What CPU and settings are you using vlad? In the OCC review of the silver arrow, their overclocked i7-920 ran 33 idle and 61 load. The stock test was 31 idle and 53 load. Hope that gives you a good frame of reference.

wath cpu and case doo you have?

the thing is that , 80% of the reviews are maid without a case, directly on the desck and the air is cooler

What's your ambient room temp? That's pretty important here...

As for how you apply it, shouldn't matter as long as you get thin coverage over the top of the entire die. I used probably double what most on here would use on my phenomII, but my temps are in the 20s so it's obvious I was doing it right lol

wath cpu and case doo you have?

the thing is that , 80% of the reviews are maid without a case, directly on the desck and the air is cooler

Dude I had no clue about this!