Forclosure of a 3 year old Project

Boinker

Well if anyone remembers I initially started a project back when I First started OC'in. Well that project got put on hold for another project and eventually wound up on the back burner. Ill eventually Post a link to the Old thread. And here it is Poor cheiftech Dragon

I found the case in my garage the other night and here is what happened tonight as of 2 hours ago.

I removed everything from my coolermaster HAF 932 that has been my Gaming rig and started to install everything in the Cheiftech dragon. Watercooling loop and all. Finally Forclosure to an old project case. And Lucky me I did not have to do anything to the water cooling loop to get it in. It just fell into place. :ph34r:

BTW. GPU idle temperature is 15c cooler then my Haf932. :snap:

2011-04-30 21.41.02.jpg2011-05-01 22.08.01.jpg2011-05-02 00.25.32.jpg2011-05-02 00.26.11.jpg2011-05-02 00.27.05.jpg2011-05-02 00.27.22.jpg2011-05-02 00.27.42.jpg2011-05-02 00.30.24.jpg

Edited by boinker
Added a couple of photos

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a bunch Cowking. I cannot wait to get a new sidepanel and add an exhaust fan to the lower region of the side panel.

I am actually thoroughly impressed with how well its performing. With that little XSPC radiator the overclocked I7 920 only gets to 75c max with the Chipset running at 35c Max under OCCT linpak load. The GPU's at factory 700-1401-1848 are only seeing 85c under OCCT GPU burner.... And my room is not cool anymore. I am almost ashamed that I did not put this case together earlier Because it is actually outperforming a coolermaster HAF932...... This is unreal.... :doh: With the Haf the GPU's would be at 95c by now and the Chip would get over 80c under the same load with the chipset temperature up to 55c.....

To go with that I could not overclock my GPU's at all or I would over-temp and Artifact out... Now I got an easy 100mhz OC on both cards and the temperatures are still below 90c. :woot:

VICTORY DANCE :woo:

Just there is one thing that I have not accounted for.... Where in the heck am I going to put a storage drive......???

Thanks Dr b. I think once I find a place for a hard drive this will become my main case of use. I just need a trabyte drive and a place to put it.... hmmm.

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeahs its still a WIP right now. I think im just going to string a Cord to a drive and use that so I can burn a new OS onto the revo drive and have a data Dump available. 50Gb is kind of a pain in the scratch to manage especially when your operating system becomes as large as half of it.... Darn you service pack 1 for Winblows 7...... :yucky:.... Maybe I should just burn Ubuntu 10.10 onto it and tough it out until I figure it out. ROFL. Only trouble is there are alot of Windows based games that I play that I am not sure how to make working. DARN. Then again I am Totally enjoying this GPU overclock. I will have to see what It can do under 3dmark Benches for grins. :D

so does this mean our next modding night we will do your dragon and haf and my stacker and dragon lol we may have to be at the office all weekend for that unless you can find more peeps to come help lol since my friends live no where near okc