Prolimatech megahalems vs Corsair H60

jdhatt

so are you saying that going for the H60 and using the back fan as a secondary is a good plan as opposed to the megahalems? i cant really tell what ur saying, so far ive gained that u feel the idea i have with the H60 is a good one :P in which case thank you hehe

No im saying the Megahalems is still your best bet temp wise. Lol, Sorry i guess i wasnt being very clear, i re-read what i said and it doesnt make any sense to me and i wrote it, lol.

Basically heres the breakdown, pick what suits you best:

Better Performance - Megahalems

Smaller more practical cooler: H60

Either way you have both units now. Personally i have a megahalems and as it stands there is only one cooler better than it, the NH-D14, and its not worth upgrading to it because of the proce. Im concerned about performance so to me its a no brainer, Megahalems FTW. I could see in other builds especially with smaller cases, the advantage to the H60 or other closed loop systems, so its not a one sided decision. Get what fits your purpose best.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I don't think I'd mix fans on the H60 radiator. At best you'll end up with an annoying drone because the case fan is likely to spin MUCH slower than the stock H60 fan. At worst you'd end up hurting temperatures because the fan is slower and obstructing airflow.

i think the new 600GT back case fan may be the same corsair 120mm thats included on the H60? :s ill check but its a definite possibility considering they are fairly new products from corsair.

No im saying the Megahalems is still your best bet temp wise. Lol, Sorry i guess i wasnt being very clear, i re-read what i said and it doesnt make any sense to me and i wrote it, lol.

Basically heres the breakdown, pick what suits you best:

Better Performance - Megahalems

Smaller more practical cooler: H60

Either way you have both units now. Personally i have a megahalems and as it stands there is only one cooler better than it, the NH-D14, and its not worth upgrading to it because of the proce. Im concerned about performance so to me its a no brainer, Megahalems FTW. I could see in other builds especially with smaller cases, the advantage to the H60 or other closed loop systems, so its not a one sided decision. Get what fits your purpose best.

well my case is a 600T white edition, so it will fit the megahalems, but i think im probably gonna end up going for the H60.

i think the new 600GT back case fan may be the same corsair 120mm thats included on the H60? :s ill check but its a definite possibility considering they are fairly new products from corsair.

I'd be surprised if they put a high CFM fan like the one that comes on the H60 as a case fan in any case. :P

I didn't realize we were talking about cooling a sandy, sell both and get the Coolermaster 212+. you don't need more than that.

so your saying any of the 3 (hyper 212, H60, and megahalems) are enough to cool a sandy at 4.2-4.5ghz (i5-2500k)?

I'd be surprised if they put a high CFM fan like the one that comes on the H60 as a case fan in any case. :P

haha hey, i can dream cant i :P, if not id just pick up another fan. i was considering the H70 but im not sure, i heard the H60 is a new and improved design for the pump, even though the radiator is smaller some people prefer it over the H70 :s

so your saying any of the 3 (hyper 212, H60, and megahalems) are enough to cool a sandy at 4.2-4.5ghz (i5-2500k)?

My friend has a 2500k and I got him a 212+, he's running 4.5ghz with safe temperatures. :thumbsup:

My friend has a 2500k and I got him a 212+, he's running 4.5ghz with safe temperatures. :thumbsup:

Safe versus great temperatures...hmmm...I know what I'd choose. :D

Safe versus great temperatures...hmmm...I know what I'd choose. :D

Umm safe because it's safe? lol The cooler will transmit the same heat to the environment either way, so it's not like the room will be made cooler with a better cooler :rolleyes: