Motorcycle help?

Ride like your life depends on it and everyone else is an idiot, and your chances of survival increase exponentially.

I rode nothing but 600 F2 for 10 years and never had a problem...EXCEPT...crossing a railroad crossing that was parallel to the lane at really low speed in the rain. I dumped it at like 5 mph. Scratched up the fairings and stuff. ugh! :foldon:

Ride like your life depends on it and everyone else is an idiot, and your chances of survival increase exponentially.

I rode nothing but 600 F2 for 10 years and never had a problem...EXCEPT...crossing a railroad crossing that was parallel to the lane at really low speed in the rain. I dumped it at like 5 mph. Scratched up the fairings and stuff. ugh! :foldon:

:withstupid:

Yeah I was turning around in a street and was 95% done the turn but the street wasn't big enough (or I was wasn't good enough at slow turning to get a tighter circle) and I hit the curb, then slowly lost balanced and dropped it. Broke most of the clutch lever but still drove it like that until the new one arrived :lol: . I just HAD to ride it!

Ok thanks for the tips. I have all my gear and I have been serching gixxer forums but them seem to only talk about newer ones. I live out in the country and I have been reading some reviews on other bulbs and such and a lot of people say they can see better with the blue or ultra white so I thought it might help and look cool.

And yes its a hell of a bike to start out with its 118hp stock and when I took it in last week to get a full tune up the guy told me whoever I got it from did a lot of work and said its pushing around 140hp @ 8000rpm. Its fast on straights but im still a little iffy through corners

I would say get the highest power conventional bulb you can get. A new one can really help out.

On a bike that old the plastic that is over the bulb is probably a little milky, those headlight cleaning kits for cars work on bike to.

For me the only thing a blue bulb did for me is give the allusion of more light. It's a little scary to think about but when you put in a blue bulb everything is just "different" not brighter to me. I have some trouble seeing in the dark sometimes and the blue only made it worse.

For corners their are some things you need to learn. Apply power gently, hard shifting can also make things hard to handle. If you are in a corner and need to downshift let the clutch our slowly and give the bike enough gas so the low revs wont make the rear tire slide when you fully engage the clutch. Try to match what RPM the bike would be at at that speed in the lower gear.

If you look up your back tire braking (you will do this at some point) don't panic, your bike will go a little wobbly until the tire is spinning again. The best thing to do is let off the brake and get back on it more gently if you still need to stop.

Don't show off, honestly the guys who do are always working on their bikes even if they are insanely good at stunts.

I have never really ridden a high performance bike like yours. The most powerful bikes I have ridden have been 82hp at 9000 rpm but it's enough.

I would say get the highest power conventional bulb you can get. A new one can really help out.

On a bike that old the plastic that is over the bulb is probably a little milky, those headlight cleaning kits for cars work on bike to.

For me the only thing a blue bulb did for me is give the allusion of more light. It's a little scary to think about but when you put in a blue bulb everything is just "different" not brighter to me. I have some trouble seeing in the dark sometimes and the blue only made it worse.

For corners their are some things you need to learn. Apply power gently, hard shifting can also make things hard to handle. If you are in a corner and need to downshift let the clutch our slowly and give the bike enough gas so the low revs wont make the rear tire slide when you fully engage the clutch. Try to match what RPM the bike would be at at that speed in the lower gear.

If you look up your back tire braking (you will do this at some point) don't panic, your bike will go a little wobbly until the tire is spinning again. The best thing to do is let off the brake and get back on it more gently if you still need to stop.

Don't show off, honestly the guys who do are always working on their bikes even if they are insanely good at stunts.

I have never really ridden a high performance bike like yours. The most powerful bikes I have ridden have been 82hp at 9000 rpm but it's enough.

I will recommend against any kind of pointless switch to blue headlights, like you said focus on upping the lumens (and making sure it's angled out of oncoming motorists' eyes when in lowbeam). If you are to change color temperature aim for as close to 5000K (or completely neutral white, they start really getting blue 6500K and up!), this will actually add contrast to your vision since the color spectrum doesn't favor any one color. I think typical halogen headlamps/bulbs are 3000K which is a much more yellowish "white" , I'm really into lighting but have not yet changed my Ninja from it's stock headlamp (since I don't think there is much I can do since it's a full headlamp and not just a changeable bulb).

I remember downshifting and letting the clutch out hard on a turn and the back tire power drifting a bit. I didn't fall but I sure as hell wont do it again ;)

140hp is what the mechanic told me. I will call him sometime and find out what he thinks has been done to the bike and get back to you guys. I have a few really bad pics right when I got it and b4 I cleaned it.( Taken from my phone sorry)

post-66704-13038870524036_thumb.jpg

post-66704-13038870962239_thumb.jpg

140hp is what the mechanic told me. I will call him sometime and find out what he thinks has been done to the bike and get back to you guys. I have a few really bad pics right when I got it and b4 I cleaned it.( Taken from my phone sorry)

140hp is superbike territory. I am guessing he though it was a 1000cc bike.

Same that the previous owner painted it, I really like the stock paint on those bikes.

It was $1600 so it wasnt that much. I was going to get a 2011 Ninja 250 but the place I went (Beaverton Honda) sucks and they tried changing the price around on me a few times saying they needed some part to put the bike together and just stupid stuff like that. Im a bigger guy 6' 4" and 250lbs so I think the 750 was the better choice.