HDMI to DVI to VGA for xbox 360

I'm 99% sure the 360 does not output the analog signals over its HDMI connection (in fact I don't think any HDMI outputs support this). I don't have an adapter to test it though.

Edited by Waco

• 2 months later...

Getting high quality video out of the Xbox 360 is quite easy with the help of HDMI to DVI cable. Connecting the console and the display is a snap, and the video settings are easily adjusted to match the native resolution of the LCD panel.

Audio, on the other hand, is another matter. The placement of the HDMI port on the Xbox 360 is quite poor. It resides directly below the standard A/V output, and the component+composite cable that ships with the premium console is too bulky to plug in above the HDMI cable. It’s only possible to plug in one at a time, as one connector blocks the other.

HDMI Splitter

• 2 weeks later...

Audio, on the other hand, is another matter. The placement of the HDMI port on the Xbox 360 is quite poor. It resides directly below the standard A/V output, and the component+composite cable that ships with the premium console is too bulky to plug in above the HDMI cable. It’s only possible to plug in one at a time, as one connector blocks the other.

HDMI Splitter

They actually made a cable to deal with this issue. At retail they literally charged $50 for it, but now, literally the same cable can be found here: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10830&cs_id=1083005&p_id=7526&seq=1&format=2