Back with new hardware and ready to OC again!

BigSt0kez420

It's been a while but I'm ready to start milking my hardware for all it's worth! All new hardware and its beckoning to be overclocked.

When I started out this past summer I believe I had an old P4 HT 2.2 or something or other. Just wasn't stable, no matter what I did.

Well folks here are the new specs of my rig and for now, I am happy with my current setup.

CPU: Pentium Dual Core E6500 2.93GHz, LGA775, 1066FSB, 2M Wolfdale (Stock cooler, unfortunately I broke my good one)

MOBO: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L F1 Rev. 2.3 (Will be upgrading soon, going the CrossFire route)

RAM: Kingston 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2, 800MHz, CAS 5, 1.8-2.0v dual channel kit

VID: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4850 1GB GDDR3, PCIe x16, HDMI etc.

HDD: 1x 500GB WD Caviar Black, SATA, 1x 160GB Seagate Barracuda, SATA

PSU: Antec EarthWatts 480 watt power supply (It does the job quite well but will need to upgrade sooner or later)

Specs may not be %100 accurate but you get the idea, lol.

So lets get this party started! Not really all that exciting but hey for a broke butt like myself this is as exciting as it gets!

I'll be posting some results after I do a few stability test and so on and such. If any1 out there has had any positive or negative experiences with a simular setup to what I got I wanna hear from you!

Thanks to everyone who helped me out in the past and happy overclocking!

Sorry to say but your not going to be doing much OCing on that stock cooler. :cry:

Have you OCed your GPU yet? (use CCC) also to what case do you have?

Edited by Black6464

Sorry to say but your not going to be doing much OCing on that stock cooler. :cry:

Have you OCed your GPU yet? (use CCC) also to what case do you have?

Well my case is a gateway, nothing inside is gateway. And as for the stock cooler I seem to be doing good so far @ 3GHZ although I'm sure I can get allot more when I get my new cooler.

And as for the video card I have it tuned via overdrive in the ccc. Seems okay so far, ran furmark for 30 mins with no apparent problems.

Well my case is a gateway, nothing inside is gateway. And as for the stock cooler I seem to be doing good so far @ 3GHZ although I'm sure I can get allot more when I get my new cooler.

And as for the video card I have it tuned via overdrive in the ccc. Seems okay so far, ran furmark for 30 mins with no apparent problems.

Why I asked about the case is because you need to make sure all you parts stay cool when OCing. With a gateway case I would recommend you have as many fans mounted as possible for best air flow over the mobo, ram and cpu.

Just have fun OCing and stay cool :cool2: (also be careful!)

Why I asked about the case is because you need to make sure all you parts stay cool when OCing. With a gateway case I would recommend you have as many fans mounted as possible for best air flow over the mobo, ram and cpu.

Just have fun OCing and stay cool :cool2: (also be careful!)

As far as case fans go I'm pretty much covered on that one. I am thinking about getting an Antec Sonata Proto case, I've always liked the look of these cases.

As far as case fans go I'm pretty much covered on that one. I am thinking about getting an Antec Sonata Proto case, I've always liked the look of these cases.

Idk man, I wasn't overly impressed with a build I made in one for a friend's g/f. That stupid bar of metal was a nuisance the entire time. Real cases open up with thumb screws in the back :P

The Antec 300 is decent, a little cramped but great airflow. I'm really fond of the Coolermaster 912 now too, I can't really say one bad thing about that case. Nothing about it made me frustrated while building in it