New To Overclocking looking for tips

MercuryDoun thats seems really hot for a 5770(also when I had it). I had mine OCed and it never got past 57C under-full load. I had the fans at 45%

I would more likely say your 5770 was amazing and just ran very cool. Even at stock settings with 100% fan speed my 5770 still got to like 60c.

Hey when i try and look at my cpu temp its reading as 0 degrees no matter what program i use do you have any suggestions

I was gonna ask if you had installed the chipset drivers, but...

Scratch that i figured it out ... used @BIOS from Gigabyte it downloaded it auto from thier servers and wrote/ flashed the new bios .... handy little program ... now to see if my temps show....AAAND IT WORKS!!! :woo: sitting at a cool 33 degrees celcius :snap: Thanks for all your help :thx:

Lol Fixed i guess. Nice work Alex!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would more likely say your 5770 was amazing and just ran very cool. Even at stock settings with 100% fan speed my 5770 still got to like 60c.

I was gonna ask if you had installed the chipset drivers, but...

Lol Fixed i guess. Nice work Alex!!

Well mine gets to around 59C (on BF Bad Company 2 at High Settings) but i have 2 CrossFired 5770's so i dont know how much that adds on to the heat, that was with the auto fan on

When i benchmarked i set the fans to 70% and they stayed at 58C sooooo i can believe that yours were at around that temp if u had one which is what im assuming

But i could be wrong :mfp:

Edited by Saltcracker

Scratch that i figured it out ... used @BIOS from Gigabyte it downloaded it auto from thier servers and wrote/ flashed the new bios .... handy little program ... now to see if my temps show....AAAND IT WORKS!!! :woo: sitting at a cool 33 degrees celcius :snap: Thanks for all your help :thx:

Great to hear you got it sorted mate :cheers:

Well mine gets to around 59C (on BF Bad Company 2 at High Settings) but i have 2 CrossFired 5770's so i dont know how much that adds on to the heat, that was with the auto fan on

When i benchmarked i set the fans to 70% and they stayed at 58C sooooo i can believe that yours were at around that temp if u had one which is what im assuming

But i could be wrong mfacepalm.gif

Having high end graphics cards will always shove heat into the Proc as the known fact that they do radiate off the side and top of the cards. There are alot of graphix cards that have aftermarket coolers that shove there hot air directly into the Proc heatsink and that in my opinion is a bad idea.

There are a few things to do when you have high end gaming cards or quaddro set-ups. One measure is to make sure your case is very well ventilated. Another measure you can take to really prevent as much Video card heat being transfered to your processor is to use a side fan to assist ventilation. this way the sides of the cards are not allowed to gain and store much heat there. Lastly but the most important is useing a GFX card that exhausts out the rear. THis way the burning hot air will be directed away from the other vital components and you will notice better temperatures.

Glad everythings working out well for you. cheers.gif

Having high end graphics cards will always shove heat into the Proc as the known fact that they do radiate off the side and top of the cards. There are alot of graphix cards that have aftermarket coolers that shove there hot air directly into the Proc heatsink and that in my opinion is a bad idea.

There are a few things to do when you have high end gaming cards or quaddro set-ups. One measure is to make sure your case is very well ventilated. Another measure you can take to really prevent as much Video card heat being transfered to your processor is to use a side fan to assist ventilation. this way the sides of the cards are not allowed to gain and store much heat there. Lastly but the most important is useing a GFX card that exhausts out the rear. THis way the burning hot air will be directed away from the other vital components and you will notice better temperatures.

Glad everythings working out well for you. cheers.gif

This is why I don't mind the reference coolers, rear heat dumps ftw