SSD purchuse advice

razablade117

wheres the graphics card? lol2.gif

I hope its not the hd4290 thats built in lol...yay a week and a bit till bulldozer and 6990 are revealed at cebit :)

im not buying a graphics card yet as i dont have enough money yet, i just want to get it running and then in a month or two ill get 1

i am looking to spend between 300-400 and it needs to be ATI any suggestions?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you are saying the computer will not function even basically like everyday operations with out a graphics card?

Correct. That board doesn't have any onboard vga - so you'll need some type of graphics card to get video out.

Just save up for another month or whatever, and do it right.

Get a bigger SSD (minimum of 128 like Waco said) and the best video card you can find.

If you're an overclocker get the 6970. Yes, the 6950 can be flashed to a 6970, but you'll still reach the OC ceiling of a 6950. The 6970 (especially one with a partner cooling solution like the twin frozr from MSI) will have all the OC headroom of a 6970. Flashed 6950 < vanilla 6970.

If you want onboard graphics look at the Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 instead. With Asus 800 series chipset boards there are work-arounds needed to get the Revo to properly function.

so you are saying the computer will not function even basically like everyday operations with out a graphics card?

:whoa: Yes

Without a graphics card you will not get any image on the monitor. Find someone you know with a pci-e card you can use

for the mean time

Edited by dling

if this is the motherboard you plan to get then it does look like there are no onboard graphics

so you will need a GPU or choose a different motherboard

since you need to save money, bro, I think you are going about this wrong

why do you want a 6 core? do you have adobe CS or use some type of video editing software weekly?

phenom II X4 955 129$

GA-890GPA-UD3H 123$ (after rebate) has onboard graphics

if a microcenter is near you, before they gave away free motherboards with the purchase of a processor

think it has to be in store promotion though

Edited by potatochobit

If you want onboard graphics look at the Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 instead. With Asus 800 series chipset boards there are work-arounds needed to get the Revo to properly function.

im going to go with the Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 (its also cheaper) thanks for the suggestion

can you guys give me some pros-cons about how you think my system will perform, that would be much appreciated

P.S Potatochobit im from Australia and we don't have a microcentre here but thanks for the suggestion anyway

raza, you'll be hampered by the onboard graphics for any intense gaming action at higher resolutions or with any aa/af or eye candy enabled. But at least you'll have something to start with until you can swing a new video card. The rest looks ok.

Regards,

raza, you'll be hampered by the onboard graphics for any intense gaming action at higher resolutions or with any aa/af or eye candy enabled. But at least you'll have something to start with until you can swing a new video card. The rest looks ok.

Regards,

sudden change of plan, just brought a ASUS crosshair IV Formula i dont think it has onboard graphics which means a longa wait but i think it might be worth it, just wondering what u guys recon, do u think its a bit overkill

No such thing as a "bit of overkill" here at OCC :) You bought a great motherboard - the perfect foundation for a killer gaming rig as you start saving your funds and purchasing the rest of your parts.

Edited by wevsspot