H50 + Scythe Ultra kaze 3000rpm

eisbar

Hey guys

Me birthday is coming up soon and i figured ill get a new cooler and fans for my rig.

after looking around for a while, i quite sure about the H50. I know that the DH14 is better but i honestly dont want something that big haha :)

H50. I've heard that if you push/pull it you can get results of the h70, so i was thinking of adding Ultra Kaze 3000rpm.

Now, are there any better fans than that? I dont care about the noise level.

Is the Vantage ALC better than the H50?

i was also going to add another Air penetrator to the front of my case.

All of this will be controlled by a Sentry LXE.

Extremely sorry for the body of text :\ i just want to make sure i am buying quality parts.

Cheers

EDIT: speeelling

Edited by eisbar

I have those Scythe Ultra kaze fans on my WC system. They work well anywhere between half and full speed. once you get down to 1/4 speed then they tend to shut off due to not enough power.

BTW: if you didn't care about noise before you bought these fans... you will.. they are not the Howling Banshees like 120x25's but they are LOUD and HUGE.

As far as the comparison from the H50 - the H70 I could have sworn that the radiator was much better and a set of fan wouldn't make up for it but I could be wrong.

And defiantly if your going to increase your exhaust then make sure you add more in fannage.

BTW: what kind of case is this going in?

I have those Scythe Ultra kaze fans on my WC system. They work well anywhere between half and full speed. once you get down to 1/4 speed then they tend to shut off due to not enough power.

BTW: if you didn't care about noise before you bought these fans... you will.. they are not the Howling Banshees like 120x25's but they are LOUD and HUGE.

As far as the comparison from the H50 - the H70 I could have sworn that the radiator was much better and a set of fan wouldn't make up for it but I could be wrong.

And defiantly if your going to increase your exhaust then make sure you add more in fannage.

BTW: what kind of case is this going in?

Its all going in my k62, there will be enough room right?

ah i see, well i tend to game and do everything with my headset anyway, even if im just sitting at the desktop i have them on. they are so comfy :P. so hopefully it wont be too much of a problem. But like i said, im not a silent addict.

Yeah i heard that about the H70. But i heard that the waterblock lets it down because its small and thin?

Would the penetrator be a good intake? So at the front i would have a stock 140mm then the extra fan added.

Cheers for the help

Edited by eisbar

The smaller pump system whould mean the water moves through faster without a waterblock holding some of it. Antec has but essentially the same pump system on their Khuler H2O with a regualr radiator and single fan and it does awesome.

The H50 and ECO from Coolit are essentially the same and perform very similiar. The one advanatge I give the ECO is it is easy to mount. The Vantage takes the ECO and adds some control options and an LED display, performance is the same pretty much.

I'm pretty sure that Ultra Kaze's at full speed can cause hearing damage. Especially multiples of them.

Not a problem if you have ear-muffs and a mic that is good at filtering background noise.

The H70 is better than the H50 even in a push pull it has a better pump and bigger rad, as for the scythe ultra kaze skipem I use them as well on my system noise doesn't bother me but these things are LOUD because of the blades surface 120X38mm you would be better off looking for high CFM fans but in a standard 120X25mm setup. The rads on these types of coolers won't benefit from high power fans anyways just so you know.

Edited by smduff

I use an H70 currently @ 4.2 ghz on my i7 950 and my peak temps I saw around hour 9 of prime95 @ 77C on cores 1&2. I use the scythe gentle tyhpon (ap15's) and couldn't be happier. @ 1850 rpm they make noise but not a ton more just the sound of air moving. I would take a peak at those if you have time. I orderd mine from frozen cpu.

Hey guys,

sorry for the late reply/bump. Have been extremely busy with school crap and just forgot.

I have considered what you guys have said and i think ill just go for the h70.

Cheers for all the help and sorry for the stupid input i had :)

The rads on these types of coolers won't benefit from high power fans anyways just so you know.

They are actually pretty perfect for high powered fans - they have VERY tight fin spacing and only fans with high static pressure can actually move an appreciable amount of air through them.

They are actually pretty perfect for high powered fans - they have VERY tight fin spacing and only fans with high static pressure can actually move an appreciable amount of air through them.

are the stock fans on the h70 any good?

are the stock fans on the h70 any good?

I don't know to be honest. I'm sure you can do better aftermarket but good fans can be pretty expensive.

I would assume they are decent enough stock though.

Edited by Waco