Need help Choosing Laptop

maiden4life

I have around $750 to spend on a laptop. I have the following two in mind:

Asus

Acer

I do play Dragon Age, The Witcher, Batman AA and the occasional BFBC2 friday night fragfest. I want a 17" display and can't decide to go with the new technology or the old. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Edited by maiden4life

Asus

Acer

I do play Dragon Age, The Witcher, Batman AA and the occasional BFBC2 friday night fragfest. I want a 17" display and can't decide to go with the new technology or the old. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Probably the ASUS but it won't be as fast as i3 380m or any i5 and it's basically used so don't know about the warranty....

The acer is new so full warranty...the processor ain't the best but @2.1 it's pretty fast and like the ASUS won't feature hyper threading

The 6650m is better than the 5650 which in itself could play crysis on high with frarps at playable fps if overclocked...260m could be better...

THE ASUS ONLY HAS 90 DAYS WARRANTY SO....unless you want a short lived laptop you'd get the acer which has pretty gr8 grphics but has a slightly less better processor ( in single threaded apps but hey, isn't that what overlocking is for? )

ENJOY! Even a 5470 can play crysis in hd on low with some settings medium at 30+ fps...

The ACER has 1.4a so 3D unlike the other but AMD's solution isn't as mature as nVidia's one...

I'm sorry my post isn't organised.

No USB 3.0 ineither so the only way you can get it is buying a laptop that has one or if it has an expressport...

Edited by Dan The Gamer

The ASUS one is definitely better for gaming, although it has an older platform and limited warranty.

ASUS one also has slightly better battery life due to a 8 cell battery compared to the 6 cell of the ACER one.

The ASUS one is definitely better for gaming, although it has an older platform and limited warranty.

ASUS one also has slightly better battery life due to a 8 cell battery compared to the 6 cell of the ACER one.

Yeah but the battery capacity won't be that good because it's used...

Asus

Acer

Thanks

Without even looking I'll hands down say the Asus...

After looking... tough call, i dont like getting re-certified stuff but usually there is nothing wrong with them and are just great deals. However Acer's customer service blows, and if anything ever breaks on the laptop good luck getting it fixed. Asus on the other hand has some of the best customer service and warranty's on the market can never go wrong there.

Ultimately, spec-wise, the Acer is better. But the Asus aint bad either!

According to notebookcheck.net, the ASUS is the better one spec-wise.

GPU : GTX 260M is rank 34, compared to 6650M which is rank 65. http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

CPU: P8700 is rank 76, compared to N830 which is rank 98. http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Processors-Benchmarklist.2436.0.html

According to notebookcheck.net, the ASUS is the better one spec-wise.

GPU : GTX 260M is rank 34, compared to 6650M which is rank 65. http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

CPU: P8700 is rank 76, compared to N830 which is rank 98. http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Processors-Benchmarklist.2436.0.html

Tough choice. I am leaning towards the Acer, but the Asus is nice. I can't pull the trigger until next week. Maybe something else will be out

Asus

Acer

Thanks

wow i was looking at that very same acer this morning as a possible work machine, instead of building a micro desktop. there is an amd quad core version as well for like a hundred more

My link

but yea good choice !