plumbers tape

slapnuts

Lube the orings with water or yes dare i say it spit (Yes I said it) before tightening them up and you should be fine.

I would have thought a silica lubricant like Nyogel would've been a better option, I mean we use this stuff to keep moisture out of flashlights so surely it would also be great to keep that moisture in the cooling system (and provide seal lubricant/protection) :cool2:

To seal threaded fittings either tape or a sealing compound is used. If the fitting is flared then no sealing material is required. I would say from experience with gaskets that no lubricant should be applied to o-rings because this may cause a poor seal and fluid may leak out (slip). The rubber to metal would be the best seal.

To seal threaded fittings either tape or a sealing compound is used. If the fitting is flared then no sealing material is required. I would say from experience with gaskets that no lubricant should be applied to o-rings because this may cause a poor seal and fluid may leak out (slip). The rubber to metal would be the best seal.

Yeah I installed as is and every thing appears fine. Going to leak test for several more hours, then proceed with the rest of the installation. Temps look real nice. I'll post some pics when I get the chance. Thanks to all that replied !!

Any kind of seal or sealant will seal the best on a clean and dry surface. Now when you deal with O-rings that do not have to move as they are being tightened its best to leave the lube off of them. But when doing one that has to move when being secured as cokeman said it is best to use a lube. Please make sure its not petroleum based as this will eat the o-ring over time.

Any kind of seal or sealant will seal the best on a clean and dry surface. Now when you deal with O-rings that do not have to move as they are being tightened its best to leave the lube off of them. But when doing one that has to move when being secured as cokeman said it is best to use a lube. Please make sure its not petroleum based as this will eat the o-ring over time.

ok good info txs