Last.FM frustration

IVIYTH0S

Got this in my email

Dear iviyth0s,

We want to share with you an important update about our radio service:

From February 15 you will need to be a subscriber to listen to Last.fm Radio stations on devices, including your Last.fm Android app.

No other features are affected by this change.

In taking this decision, we have given a lot of thought to how this impacts some of our early adopters and long-time users like you. We truly appreciate what you have meant to our growth and success, and offer you the following as a token of our thanks;

A free 3 month subscription to Last.fm

This will start automatically on February 15th 2011. As a result you will continue to be able to use Last.fm as you do today until the end of your subscription. If you'd like to see the other benefits of your free subscription, please visit the subscription page.

We appreciate you may have questions about this announcement, so visit our blog to read more about these changes and offer feedback.

We value your support and hope you continue to enjoy using Last.fm.

You can visit your profile at http://www.last.fm/user/iviyth0s

– Team Last.fm

Anyone else use Last.FM?? This really will blow

For mobile app's only.

They need to keep themselves afloat some way.

Ya I know, I use that alot.

Plus wouldn't the mobile apps techically use less of the bandwidth since I'm almost 95% sure the quality is lower (and therefore the bitrate).

Yea I got this message too.

Bogus.

Certainly will not be paying £3pcm to keep it.

For free it was nice to listen to on the go when wifi/mobile data allowed, but there is no way I would pay anything for it. Perhaps a 1 of fee, but nothing monhtly.