Dark Souls

WhenKittensATK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7U-a9pJtHQ

Dark Souls is a spiritual successor to the PS3 cult classic Demon's Souls (not a sequel). It is a dark fantasy action RPG. Demon's Souls is truly a hidden treasure on the PS3.

From Software is planning to make Dark Souls as difficult as its predecessor, and similar in style. Players still create their own characters, though there are no longer different job classes. There are tweaks to the world design, as well: the world is no longer divided into levels, instead being one large area.

Other players will be able to inhabit that world in some way, in both cooperative and competitive play. According to Siliconera, you'll be able to feel the "gentle presence" of other players through interactions like notes left for other players at the place of death.

Releases Fall 2011 for PS3 and 360 (NA and Europe, PS3 exclusive in Japan)

Interviews:

GameTrailers

Edited by Krazyxazn

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks pretty good. I really loved Demon's Souls, so I think I'll enjoy this one as well. I noticed they're extending it the the 360 as well, kind of wish they would have made a bigger jump and put it on PC as well, this is one of the few games I'd be willing to spend $50 on if it was on the PC.

• 3 months later...

Does this one reach out and kick you in the balls after having twice raped your entire family?

Yes, they said it will be just as hard if not harder than Demon's Souls.

Edited by Krazyxazn

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...