WC Case Question

Hey all,

Ordered these parts and they should be coming in soon for my HAF 932

Swiftech MCRES-MICRO REV2 Clear HI-FLOW Water Cooling Reservoir 3/8IN & 1/2IN Barb Fittings

Swiftech MCR320 Quiet Power Triple 120MM Water Cooling Radiator Black G1/4 Threaded

Swiftech MCP655 12V Industrial Water Cooling Pump 1/2IN Barbs

Swiftech APOGEE XT LGA1366 CPU Water Block G1/4 Chrome HI-FLOW 1/2IN Eurostyle Barb Fittings

Swiftech APOGEE XT Hold Down Adapter Plate for Mounting On LGA771/AM2/AM3

Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT UV Green 1/2IN ID 3/4IN OD Tubing (10 Feet)

My friend has a Corsair 800d case and wants to switch because he doesn't wanna do watercooling. I like the way his 800d looks. Never really had any experience with it. Basically bought my watercooling setup for my haf 932 as a starter setup.

Will this all fit in there, and do I even wanna trade? Lemme know what you think.

Thanks.

I am currently using a 800d and have had both cases. If he wants to trade straight up, I would go for it. For air cooling the 800d is horrible but for water it will perform about the same as the 932, plus you get hot swap bays, black interior, a little better layout for cable management, and a very sharp looking case.

And yes everything will fit with ease.

Edited by Water_Hazard

yep he's trading it straight up. I've painted the inside of my haf 932 black with some red accents but kinda want a change anyway.

I figure if I get the 800d i'm pretty much set for a case for as long as I don't get bored of it.

They are both nice cases in their own right.

yep he's trading it straight up. I've painted the inside of my haf 932 black with some red accents but kinda want a change anyway.

I figure if I get the 800d i'm pretty much set for a case for as long as I don't get bored of it.

They are both nice cases in their own right.

If you get bored with it, just mod it! :D

I'd have to say I like the Corsair 800D a little better. Better cable management, a little more room, and more use of 120mm and 140mm fans (which I like better than larger fans for their airflow to noise ratio).

Made the trade! Just waiting for my WC parts to come in and I'll get this bad boy set up. 800d is huge jeeez lol

I would have made this trade in a heartbeat! The HAF 932 is a great case, but the 800D is really in a class all by itself, especially when talking about watercooling! With the 800D you do lose some performance when it comes to airflow, but down the road you can just WC everything and make that a moot point ;)

The 800d is better than the HAF932 for water cooling since you can mod it to fit two 360mm radiators inside , but for aircooling the HAF932 beats in handsdown.

It was a good trade you made