Don't know y my SSD in raid0 is slower then no raid at all.

OnlyHope

I just installed windows 7 and had only one SSD and ran a benchmark which was 300mb/s and then after I installed all my things I ran out of space quick so I went and bought another same 40gb drive and started from scratch and after doing raid 0 in bios I installed windows and benches it again and now I get only 250mb/s

Keep in mind that both drives are in a 6mb/s sata slot and same speed cables, and don't get me wrong it's a fast boot up and stuff but I was expecting it to be quicker not slower :(

It's my first time doing raid. Am I missing something?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just installed windows 7 and had only one SSD and ran a benchmark which was 300mb/s and then after I installed all my things I ran out of space quick so I went and bought another same 40gb drive and started from scratch and after doing raid 0 in bios I installed windows and benches it again and now I get only 250mb/s

Keep in mind that both drives are in a 6mb/s sata slot and same speed cables, and don't get me wrong it's a fast boot up and stuff but I was expecting it to be quicker not slower :(

It's my first time doing raid. Am I missing something?

I didn't know Crucial made 40GB SSD's. However, if you're talking about two Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB's in RAID 0, it's been known that they don't perform as well as you'd expect in RAID 0. Most possibly due to the Marvell SATA 6GB controllers or the SSD drives themselves. If you're willing to find out, try using your 3GB SATA controllers and see if there's a difference.

And please, for the love of God, will people please post your full system specs, including details regarding the issue, like what type of controller, and benchmarks you're using?

It's like asking if my pants make my butt look big. How the frick would you know without any details?

The answer would be yes, these pants do make my butt look big.

potato - you're out on a limb there :)

depends ALOT on the drives/controllers as the capitan already pointed out. then you have to factor in the storage controllers on the m/b too - with some working much better than others.........................

I didn't know Crucial made 40GB SSD's. However, if you're talking about two Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB's in RAID 0, it's been known that they don't perform as well as you'd expect in RAID 0. Most possibly due to the Marvell SATA 6GB controllers or the SSD drives themselves. If you're willing to find out, try using your 3GB SATA controllers and see if there's a difference.

And please, for the love of God, will people please post your full system specs, including details regarding the issue, like what type of controller, and benchmarks you're using?

It's like asking if my pants make my butt look big. How the frick would you know without any details?

The answer would be yes, these pants do make my butt look big.

sorry u'r rite they are the 64GB's ones, and i tried to plug em in th 3GB SATA slots and it wont boot and bios dont even see em there for some reason that way so back in the 6Gb's slots.

sorry u'r rite they are the 64GB's ones, and i tried to plug em in th 3GB SATA slots and it wont boot and bios dont even see em there for some reason that way so back in the 6Gb's slots.

They can't boot because you have to reformat and re-install Windows on them for the different controller. If you have RAID set-up on a Marvell controller, that RAID array won't work on an ICH0R controller.

and yah sorry.

im running a i7 950 @ 4.3GHZ watercooled with a corsair H70 with a ASUS P6X58D-E board with triple chanel mem from Patriot 12G viper 2 sector 7 edition. EVGA gtx-580 @ 955MHZ GPU CLOCK 2150MHZ MEM and 1910MHZ SHADER water cooled with KOOLANCE block and swiftech pump and 2 120 fan rad. two Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB's in RAID 0, one hitachi 2TB 7200rpm for storage, SAMSUNG P2570 display, powered by a Corsair HX1000W in a Thermaltake Element G Black Gaming Tower Case.

They can't boot because you have to reformat and re-install Windows on them for the different controller. If you have RAID set-up on a Marvell controller, that RAID array won't work on an ICH0R controller.

ahh... ok that makes sens, thanks

Stupid question, but did you create the Raid array before you installed Windows?

*EDIT* As in, going into the Raid utility and creating an array? Not just changing bios mode to Raid?

Edited by TraptPatriot

Stupid question, but did you create the Raid array before you installed Windows?

*EDIT* As in, going into the Raid utility and creating an array? Not just changing bios mode to Raid?

yeah that was the first thing i did then i installed windows and everything is the way it should b, both drives r in a 6GB/S SATA port using 6GB/S CABLES and both drives r 6GB/S and windows see's em as one drive and bios in the boot screen tell's me that both drives r in raid0. all is good but the fact that it's slower then when i had just one drive in that same 6GB/S slot. :-/