WC options

iskout

I just want your watercooled opinions on something.

I'm getting a new case, soon, and I'm trying to work out the kinks before I decide which one to get. I'm going to get either the Xigmatek Utguard or the Lian Li K62 Lancool.

Here's the burning question..

Should I mount my radiator on the top of the case, and if so, should I push the cool air into it, and into my case, or push the warm air out of my case and over my radiator?

My first thought is to make it an intake, and just have an exhaust in the back of my case, but I figured I'd get some expert opinions on this.

Iskout,

I've got the K62 case with 120x2 radiator mounted on top (you can see my "Storm Trooper" mod here in the forums). My twin 120mm fans exhaust through the radiator. I tried it both ways. Using them as intake my cpu was 2C cooler but internal case temps were much higher. Since all of my other components are as important to me as the cpu - I chose to get the hot air out of the case instead of getting 2C better cpu temps.

of course, mounting it outside is the best efficiency wise

however you have to consider how much portability and visual aesthetics you need

so using one that mounts inside could be a good choice

blow the air out but make sure the other fans are properly oriented as to not cause

a drop or vacuum passing over your board

Edited by potatochobit

Put the Hydrix down and walk away. You can use distilled water with a little zerex racing antifreeze and be just fine.

I lol'd quite a bit. Glad someone got it...

my issue is that I need desk space, and currently, I have very little of it. (I have a back-mounted radiator, and I keep a space between it and my wall for ventilation). I also have 2 22" monitors, keyboard, mouse, mixamp, xbox360, and laptop on my 2 (or 1 corner, depending on how you look at it) desks, and I need all the space I can get.