new cpu cooler advise

WarWeeny

so here i am ocing mah i5 760 to 4ghz and it all works fine and stuff.. but not statisfied with the temps i am having...

on 3.8ghz 1.3168 volts = stable oc for intelburntest for 5 minutes

realtemp shows me 75c tops and i want that to be atleast 70 or even high/ mid 60's but i dont have the money for a watercooling solution (and i dont think it fits in my case to >.<)

question what upgrade for the cooler can i make?

current cpu cooler is an coolermaster hyper 212+ with 2 fans (alsthough the second fan doesnt give me a cooler cpu >.<)

is there a monster of an air cooler that i overlooked?

Hands down the best air cooling solution is the Noctua NH-D14 (assuming you have the room).

how big is it? :P my hy[per 212+ fits just right (maybe a centimeter from the side of the case)

how big is it? :P my hy[per 212+ fits just right (maybe a centimeter from the side of the case)

HUGE. And then even huger than that.Considering what you said about the hyper 212+ i dont think it will fit.

HUGE. And then even huger than that.Considering what you said about the hyper 212+ i dont think it will fit.

lol ok ..i can always leave the side open xD

how much improvement will i see from this cooler?

Hands down the best air cooling solution is the Noctua NH-D14 (assuming you have the room).

:withstupid: About as good as you can get for air. Its no taller than the Hyper but it is a lot wider. Will stick out over the RAM slots, so your RAM needs to be shorter than 44mm to fit.

i am wondering seeing i cant find a decent comparison anywere.... i think of going to watercooling but not something to the extreme tho :P

crossair H70 CPU Cooler << is the cooler i am looking at for 80 euro's (around $100?) and i was wondering if this sucker delivers beter performance then the noctua nh d-14 if so how much if not... then i think i have found my cooler xD

i am wondering seeing i cant find a decent comparison anywere.... i think of going to watercooling but not something to the extreme tho :P

crossair H70 CPU Cooler << is the cooler i am looking at for 80 euro's (around $100?) and i was wondering if this sucker delivers beter performance then the noctua nh d-14 if so how much if not... then i think i have found my cooler xD

Not as good as a D14 but still good.

Not as good as a D14 but still good.

serious? :O a watercooler that loses from an aircooler... then that noctua must be a beast xD i saw the size of the goliath and i think it fits in the case (coolermaster Centurion 5 II) so i think il try to search for that sucker :P

thanks for the replies everyone :)

serious? :O a watercooler that loses from an aircooler... then that noctua must be a beast xD i saw the size of the goliath and i think it fits in the case (coolermaster Centurion 5 II) so i think il try to search for that sucker :P

thanks for the replies everyone :)

Very serious. The H50 and H70, are closed loop systems, they cant accomplish what true water cooling can. Currently the NH-D14 is the hands down best air cooler on the market. The only thing that is comparable is the prolimatech Megahalems and even then its a few degrees warmer. However the megahalems would actually be alittle cheaper, as you already have 2 120mm fans from your hyper 212+ that you could use on the Megahalems. However the Megahalems is approx.(my best guess) an inch and a half taller than the Hyper 212+, so there is no way it would fit in your case. So that pretty much points you right back at the NH-D14.

Also here is a link to OCC's review on the H70... it has direct comparison to NH-D14, The NH-D14 is clearly better. And its significantly better once you start talking 4.0+ over clocks.