Dr Thermal Sandwich (TI-A8641L) Heatsink

Bosco

How would you rate this article? (10 being the best)  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this article? (10 being the best)

Wow. Those are some crazy jumps from OC Idle to Load. Over 10*C, that's nuts (on all the coolers!)

And yeah, I was definately confused by the 'pitchy' description...does that mean its a whiny noise? Or just loud?

Otherwise, decent review. :)

it had a whirring sound very low in pitch. i asked matt about that as to why my idle to load temps have such a large gap , could it be i had cpu thermal throttling on montol? im using a compu nures and its right next to the die using a lil cermique touching the probe and the die, or could it bethe software cooling programs that XP and 2K have it built in, if so how do i disable that

Hmm, if you have some thermal paste touching the actual temp probe, could that be the problem? I personally don't have experience with thermal probes (yet...) so perhaps that is causing a problem.

I use the onboard temp probe on the NF7-S...updated BIOS and the Hardware Doctor/MBM5 software hasn't lead me wrong yet...

Of course, once I do get my hands on a thermal probe, I could be looking at the same spikes you are, so this might all be speculation. :blink:

Hopefully not...

even when i dont use the paste touching the core i get the same temps. i retest all heatsinks used in each review as my ambiant temps are changing alot, i got a radioshack indoor out door thermometer to keep ambiant temps the same for all temp testing. i used this on the aerocool dp-102 and the dr thermal