Watercooling Testimonies

El_Capitan

Firky - I would mount the rad with the connections at the top, it makes it so much easier to get all of the air bubble out of the loop! Not that you can't just flip the rad stand every which way to do this, but air will always want to rise, and it makes it less of a pain to mount the connections at the top IMO

Thanks for you comment.

Since posting this question I have found a Rad with a Rez at the top complete with a fill port but this style only gose up to 360mm but then I found a Rad which is 480mm and has a bleed point at the top. Also it is £30 cheaper than the XSPC RX 480mm I was going to get :)

Thermaltake CPU liquid cooling system PW850I

System rpm relates to the 120x120x25 radiator fan, cpu rpm relates to the liquid pump. The system is not overclocked. The missing gpu data is for the igpu hd3300. The gpu data entered is for the 6970. The cpu is AMD Phenom x4 CPU

9950 BE. AMD cool and quiet is enabled. The computer employs a low front mounted passive intake grille. The exhaust is an active system comprising the top rear mounted 120x120x25 radiator fan, top mounted 140x140x25 psu fan, and 2 top

cover mounted 80x80x25 fans. Temp are celcius and below is the rpm.

sys,cpu,gpu,rm

28,26,, 23 idle(cool) dr open

28,33,,23 stability dr open

30,36,,26 gaming dr closed

32,29,,27 idle(warm) dr closed

32,30,,27 idle(warm) dr closed

1350 ,1660,,

38 ,42, 54, 24 gaming dr open

41,44, 47, 24 gaming dr open

31,31,44,23 idle(warm) dr open

Edited by sticknstone

OH NO......are you not using PT Nuke in your loop?????????? You have to get this and follow the instructions for how many drops per liter of distilled water you use in your loop! No more living Shhh in your loop ;)

This is actually the second time I have had Stuff in my loop.... Both times has been with the use of PT nuke. Its 2 drops per liter Is what i use. plus I have had G11 in the system to go with that.... Whatever bacteria I got in there deserved to exist. Given the loop was more then toxic the 100cc or less rule applies to it.

100cc rule.... Its the rule about brake fluid. Don't drink 100cc of that or you are dead Sir.

Screen shot @ stock. ill throw in the overclocked one later.

Fans @ full speed for 20 minutes. dropped them down to half and it went up one c'.

Stockload.png

Edited by boinker

You may have just not used enough PT Nuke. The directions say 4 drops/1L of water, so it looks like you only used half of the needed amount! I know I have always put 4 per L and have never had any problems with bacteria, so maybe after you clean your loop out and refill it use 4 instead and I think you will be fine on living things in your loop :thumbsup:

2010-09-09-22h04-CPU1.png

There is the freshly redone loop. I put in three drops as I believed I used more the 1L of water so I'm going to place one more drop in there and hope for the best. I checked on the bottle and unless something has changed it says to run two.. Maybe I'm not reading the right instructions? :dunno:

Oh well. OCCT linpak stable at 4.20ghz Wootwoot.

The test picture will show the full graph of hottest core temp.

Edit: Oops, wrong photo.

Edited by boinker

I was once tempted to put a goldfish in my loop, I decided that would be a bad idea, though. How cool would that be, though, to have a goldfish swimming around in your computer?

:pfp:

I guess about as cool as having goldfish poop in your loop :sick: