Rift: Planes of Telara

Dariuas

you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about if you think a game engine doesnt matter

you are probably just assuming it is only responsible for projectile physics, however, that is not the case

a game engine includes rendering, or in words you can understand, "the hot graphics" and the tools needed to create them

:lol: If you'd be slightly less of a dick to everyone you'd probably realize that many of us know a lot more about this stuff than you think.

Game engines can be *heavily* modified - the only thing you know is that this game uses the original Cryengine as the base engine. Knowing that doesn't give you any insight into the final product.

Heck, didn't Aion use Cryengine as well? Do you really think using the Source engine would hold back a modern game? Think a little more before you post and stop acting like everyone on here is a moron. :)

however there is absolutely nothing new in the past two years that is not total crap

The increasingly booming gaming industry disagrees.

Edited by Waco

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that entered a VIP key, you should have received an email inviting you to this weekend's event, Guardians of the Vigil. Be sure to update before Friday (run the launcher - it'll update. Then log into the launcher and click UPDATE), as it's roughly 3.8GB.

• 2 weeks later...

With the NDA now dropped, and the next phase starting tomorrow, I would like to invite everyone to join us in IRC to discuss Rift!

I know there was a lot of beta keys given away so a lot of people have had the chance to try it out! Come join us in IRC and tell

us what you think!!!

With the NDA now dropped, and the next phase starting tomorrow, I would like to invite everyone to join us in IRC to discuss Rift!

I know there was a lot of beta keys given away so a lot of people have had the chance to try it out! Come join us in IRC and tell

us what you think!!!

I have no problem answering questions in here, but I have no desire to waste my time in IRC :P

I participated heavily in both betas. Beta Event 3 begins tomorrow.

Here are my characters, all on the Faeblight Server:

Leliana - Lvl 20 Guardian High Elf Mage - Pyromancer(20)/Elementalist(0)/Chloromancer(0)

Healer - Lvl 10 Guardian High Elf Cleric - Sentinel(10)/Warden(0)

Insomnia - Lvl 20 Defiant Kelari Rogue - Ranger(18)/Marksman(2)/Bard(0)

Deadly - Lvl 13 Defiant Ethian Warrior - Reaver(6)/Warlord(7)

I plan on leveling up the non-lvl 20 characters during this next beta, but we'll see. They've apparently made a lot of changes, but the patch notes aren't out yet.

EDIT: FYI, Defiant = Beta 1; Guardian = Beta 2. Beta 3 will allow both factions to be played.

I have no problem answering questions in here, but I have no desire to waste my time in IRC :P

I participated heavily in both betas. Beta Event 3 begins tomorrow.

Here are my characters, all on the Faeblight Server:

Leliana - Lvl 20 Guardian High Elf Mage - Pyromancer(20)/Elementalist(0)/Chloromancer(0)

Healer - Lvl 10 Guardian High Elf Cleric - Sentinel(10)/Warden(0)

Insomnia - Lvl 20 Defiant Kelari Rogue - Ranger(18)/Marksman(2)/Bard(0)

Deadly - Lvl 13 Defiant Ethian Warrior - Reaver(6)/Warlord(7)

I plan on leveling up the non-lvl 20 characters during this next beta, but we'll see. They've apparently made a lot of changes, but the patch notes aren't out yet.

EDIT: FYI, Defiant = Beta 1; Guardian = Beta 2. Beta 3 will allow both factions to be played.

That hurts my feelings Clay :(

he's good at that dont feel bad....;)

Indeed, I am ;)

In all seriousness, the forums allow me to post when I please, plus it leaves it here for anyone to read any time. IRC, I have to pay attention to in real-time :lol:

Nice video, except for the music...why didn't you just let the in-game sounds play?

Here's a video I recorded last night during a raid on the Guardians side:

Who doesn't love giant treants?!

I also have a video of a nearly 500k HP boss, but I need to piece it together first...maybe tomorrow.

I didn't have the game audio going during most of the fight, I turned it on near the end, and decided to dub music

over it so it was not boring.

This was my first attempt at an MMO video.