Looking for good monitor.

BonTenshi

"I was looking at an IPS monitor but for the price they are quite restrictive"

look again. there is no restriction, only awesome. that 23 from dell is a good choice.

Hi ...this is my 1st post in this forum ....

Dell ultrasharp 2311 H is the a good option...It is an IPS monitor with 1920 x 1080 resolution ....for just 320 $ ....check in all shops,, you may find a good deal in some stores --> 250$ for the same..or just google for best deals ...best of luck

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-9270

Welcome to the site!

IPS Monitors are nice, But personally i dont see the advantage of spending that extra $$$ for them. I have a 20" Dell IPS Monitor that i replaced with a 'cheap' 24" Asus Monitor. And im not saying the Dell doesnt have better viewing angles there is pretty no bleeding around the edges. But the Asus was half the price, and has a better contrast ratio and faster response time. So they both have their advantages. I prefer the Asus for gaming/everyday. But i could see if you do professional work on your computer as well as gaming it might be a good idea to go with the IPS.

Welcome to the site!

IPS Monitors are nice, But personally i dont see the advantage of spending that extra $$$ for them. I have a 20" Dell IPS Monitor that i replaced with a 'cheap' 24" Asus Monitor. And im not saying the Dell doesnt have better viewing angles there is pretty no bleeding around the edges. But the Asus was half the price, and has a better contrast ratio and faster response time. So they both have their advantages. I prefer the Asus for gaming/everyday. But i could see if you do professional work on your computer as well as gaming it might be a good idea to go with the IPS.

hilarious, are you talking about a cheaper eIPS panel. here? what about calibration? :rofl: try to compare that same tn of yours to a properly calibrated H-IPS panel and if you dont see the advantage then well i suggest a TEAM of oculists for you . H-IPS blows tn out of the water in every aspect.

Edited by UT66