NOTION INK "ADAM"- The iPAD Killer!

MINDSCI

http://www.notionink.com/index.php

http://androidcommunity.com/notion-ink-starts-mystery-countdown-ending-december-9th-its-meaning-is-unknown-20101125/

http://technabob.com/blog/2010/02/15/notion-ink-adam-price-specs-release-date/

Adam will Run Android 2.2 Froyo Initially; then 3.0; plus Ubuntu, and Chromium. 802.1 b/g/n; 3G; 24 HR Battery. HDMI out. Dual USB. 180 Degree Swivel 3.2 MP Video Chat Camera. 10.1 inch 1024 x 600 Pixel Qi Screen. Nvidea Tegra 2 SoC; Dual Core Cortex A-9; 1GB DDR2, 1GB SLC, 8-32GB Flash. SIM Card. GPS; Digital Compass; 3 Axis Accelerometer. More.

:cheers:

What is it with tech nerds and their obsession with specs? It all boils down to usability, if the tablet is easy to use then it will be a success. Android may be a good OS, but it is a bit lacking in the tablet space. Hopefully 3.0 will take care of that.

It also needs to be priced reasonably. The Samsung Galaxy Tab would have done really well if not for it's ridiculous pricing scheme.

What is it with tech nerds and their obsession with specs? It all boils down to usability, if the tablet is easy to use then it will be a success. Android may be a good OS, but it is a bit lacking in the tablet space. Hopefully 3.0 will take care of that.

It also needs to be priced reasonably. The Samsung Galaxy Tab would have done really well if not for it's ridiculous pricing scheme.

The model with the pixel Qi screen is supposedly going to be $500. My only problem with this thing is that it seems too good to be true, especially at the prices they have set for it. There has been a lot of hype on this thing since last CES from the people who have heard of it. If it actually delivers, I'll probably get one. I've wanted an e-reader for a while now and since this thing has a Pixel Qi screen, it can probably replace my netbook too.

The model with the pixel Qi screen is supposedly going to be $500. My only problem with this thing is that it seems too good to be true, especially at the prices they have set for it. There has been a lot of hype on this thing since last CES from the people who have heard of it. If it actually delivers, I'll probably get one. I've wanted an e-reader for a while now and since this thing has a Pixel Qi screen, it can probably replace my netbook too.

It's not Apple, therefore the price makes sense :lol:

It's still pretty expensive at $600+ dollars if you pay that much already you can just pay a few hundred dollars more and get a nice laptop.

These new Tablets really are a new class of device to me... So thin, light, and capable of doing so much. I won't think twice about throwing it in a sleeve and taking it everywhere; I would never do that with a Laptop.

Ultimately, a "Phablet" device that does it all and can fit in your cargo pants or suit jacket pocket is the dream... The Galaxy S & Dell Streak tried but came up short. Hopefully, future attempts will hit closer to the mark. :popcorn:

These new Tablets really are a new class of device to me... So thin, light, and capable of doing so much. I won't think twice about throwing it in a sleeve and taking it everywhere; I would never do that with a Laptop.

Ultimately, a "Phablet" device that does it all and can fit in your cargo pants or suit jacket pocket is the dream... The Galaxy S & Dell Streak tried but came up short. Hopefully, future attempts will hit closer to the mark. :popcorn:

There still pretty limited in what they can do I mean there great for simple things like checking email or web browsing watching a movie or listening to music but if someone want to do anymore it falls short.

Edited by fire_storm

The problem with that is size. Everyone wants a smaller device that does everything, but they still want to have a large screen. Whats the point of a cell phone sized computer if you cant watch movies or play games on it. At that size you couldn't use half of its ability s.

There still pretty limited in what they can do I mean there great for simple things like checking email or web browsing watching a movie or listening to music but if someone want to do anymore it falls short.

Fortunately for 99% of the population, that's all they want to do. They do serious work/play on their primary machines and then do everything else on the tablet.

I have three computers in my home. A desktop for heavy duty work, playing games and storing all of my media. Then I have a mini PC that serves HTPC duties and streams from the first computer. Then I have my laptop that I primarily use at school and almost never at home. Then I have my iPad. I can use it to browse the internet, check email, update Twitter, and play games while walking around the apartment or lounging on the couch while watching something on TV. I love having a tablet in bed, where I can do my casual reading, or even stream movies/TV shows from my media collection. It's much more convenient than having a laptop in bed due to its significantly smaller footprint, and not to mention it doesn't give off searing heat.

If you can't see a use for a tablet, then you either have no use for one, or you're simply lacking in imagination.