Should I...?

My P4 520 is chugging along at a merry 3.15 GHz (225x14), as apposed to the stock 2.8 GHz.

I'm itching to ->)squeeze(<- as much juice from this CPU till my next payday. Any recommendations

as to how far down (or up) the rabbit hole I should go? So far this is the fastest OC I've yet to attempt on this one.

Edited by BigSt0kez420

Let her rip bud! As long as your temps are in check just keep upping your clock and voltages until you are happy, as long as your temps don't get to high. Have fun! :thumbsup:

Well my temps are looking good. 35c Idle 43c under load. I'm going to up the FSB to 233 to start, Prime95 it for a few then maybe on to 240.

Will update for kicks. Voltages are auto managed by my mobo so we shall see how that goes too.

Well my temps are looking good. 35c Idle 43c under load. I'm going to up the FSB to 233 to start, Prime95 it for a few then maybe on to 240.

Will update for kicks. Voltages are auto managed by my mobo so we shall see how that goes too.

3.262 GHz, 932 FSB (233x14) 1.328 volts lol. Running Prime95........ NOW, GO GO GO!!!

51c a little too high for my liking. Time to plug in my noisy case fan I suppose.

Update! Went for a smoke and came back to TMPIN0 Temp @ 94c (201F) in HWMonitor, WTF?

Edited by BigSt0kez420

3.262 GHz, 932 FSB (233x14) 1.328 volts lol. Running Prime95........ NOW, GO GO GO!!!

51c a little too high for my liking. Time to plug in my noisy case fan I suppose.

51c pffft...that's just gettin started...67.7c Tcase on 90 nm chips

...what about loaded temps? http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=27459

Your in Washington state. Stick the rig outside, run the cords to the other end of the door, get a jacket and let the benching begin. :rofl:

If its cold enough then we stop talking about how far will it go and begin to discuss how far are you willing to push the envelope. :D

Edit: spelling fail.

Edited by boinker