Power Supply Fan Direction

isnt the fan on the bottom of ur psu sucking in and blowing out the back ?

Looking at the pics closely it is an intake fan and will push hot air out the back. Its a bit unfortunate that the case doesn't have a cutout and filter on the bottom of the case so it can suck in cold air. As previously stated you will need to mount it so the fan is facing up. It will unfortunately will be pulling in already warm air so its cooling wont be ideal.

Thanks for all of the help and information!

Well I wish I had gotten a PSU that would have allowed me to manage my wires better. It isn't that big of a deal, I just want to make this look as good as possible. I don't think I'm up for modding my case so I'll just deal with the wires.

I personally don't think it's a big deal. I've got my PSU mounted with the fan facing downwards and it doesn't overheat or cause any sort of problems, plus it doesn't get dusty since there is no dust to go in it. Though my case does have 2 fans blowing in the case so that probably helps.

Another little trick you could do, is after you mount the PSU with the fan facing downwards, u can just add a small 80mm fan on the back of it. That way you'll be sure that there is hot air being removed from the inside if you are suspicious of the PSU fan facing downwards.

I think this is better than switching it upside down since that could sometimes ruin a good cable management. For example, if I turn my psu upside down, I'd have a whole bunch of cables that wouldn't be able to go through the back of the case since they aren't long enough.

pretty silly of case makers not to put a hole down there if thats where ur gona mount the psu!

Pretty silly of case manufacturers to put the PSU on the bottom....which is for some reason the new cool thing to do :glare:

Ironically my psu has a fan on the back of the psu and not the bottom so I COULD mount it on the top or bottom style cases without complication

Pretty silly of case manufacturers to put the PSU on the bottom....which is for some reason the new cool thing to do :glare:

I'd choose to have higher operating temperatures for everything in my computer as long as it means my PSU runs cooler. :)

The last 3 cases I've owned have had bottom-mount PSUs and heat hasn't been an issue. If you're relying on your PSU to cool your computer then you've got a pretty poorly-cooled case.

I'd choose to have higher operating temperatures for everything in my computer as long as it means my PSU runs cooler. :)

The last 3 cases I've owned have had bottom-mount PSUs and heat hasn't been an issue. If you're relying on your PSU to cool your computer then you've got a pretty poorly-cooled case.

well yeah but my PSU doesn't suck from the bottom anyway (not to mention my case is completely open) so it just get's it's own fresh air.

I don't know why I'm complaining, I'll probably never change cases. It's not a bad idea if there's a vent on the bottom of the case I guess, it just was a shock the first few time I came in contact with cases like that.