Corsair H50 - Good or Bad?

MxGladiator

If you're going to go full custom water cooling solution, I don't think it's worth it unless you're also also going to watercool your GPU's. For a CPU only solution, the H50/H70 isn't bad. Not as good as the top-of-the-line air cooling solutions, but put two good fans on it for a push/pull along with some high end thermal compound, you can get some decent temps at load.

If you're going to go full custom water cooling solution, I don't think it's worth it unless you're also also going to watercool your GPU's. For a CPU only solution, the H50/H70 isn't bad. Not as good as the top-of-the-line air cooling solutions, but put two good fans on it for a push/pull along with some high end thermal compound, you can get some decent temps at load.

Actually, with push and pull it outperforms air cooling....

i am gona go ahead and say its good , for my money it works well . there are better air coolers but i dont think they will be as cool when they are quiet. also ur not gona hit 4.5Ghz on any air cooler like i did with my H50 and some ice.

i am gona go ahead and say its good , for my money it works well . there are better air coolers but i dont think they will be as cool when they are quiet. also ur not gona hit 4.5Ghz on any air cooler like i did with my H50 and some ice.

LOL but your's has ghetto mode engaged!

Actually, with push and pull it outperforms air cooling....

This.

They are remarkably similar in performance to a CoolIT ECO ALC and with two fans in push/pull Bluepanda sits at low 20s idle and her load temps (even with her two video cards cranking in Furmark) are barely over 40 C.

I'd say for the money the H50 is a great cooler...I'd much rather have bought one of them than my Megahalems.

So the opinion I am getting is that it cant be a bad cooler. I have not heard one person who owns one complain yet so Corsair must have done a good job. From what I am hearing you have to use it in the right context so to speak. Its a $60 CPU cooler. It seams to hold its own with in that price range. I wish I could find some reviews with it up agents some of Noctua's products.

So the opinion I am getting is that it cant be a bad cooler. I have not heard one person who owns one complain yet so Corsair must have done a good job. From what I am hearing you have to use it in the right context so to speak. Its a $60 CPU cooler. It seams to hold its own with in that price range. I wish I could find some reviews with it up agents some of Noctua's products.

The complaint did not actually own one, so thumbs up!