slowing ssd speeds

dling

What is the best way to regain speeds of slowing ssd? I did a speed test of my Crucial RealSSD C300 this morning and noticed that the speed were alot slower

then when I first got it. Its only 4 mths old. Very disappointing.

Were you working your SSD a lot during those 4 months? I guess I'll check when I get home to see how my C300's are doing. You can always back up your data or make an image, do a firmware update, and see how that goes... though I'd wait on a more stable firmware with better motherboard compatibility.

Some good reading material:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3704/crucial-realssd-c300-firmware-part-iii

Here's the firmware:

http://www.crucial.com/support/firmware.aspx

I dont believe that I have done any thing other then regular use. I have already read that article and did the firmware up date the day I got the drive. Im running crystal disk mark. I will re-run and post results.

I have already read that article and did the firmware up date the day I got the drive. Im running crystal disk mark. I will re-run and post results.

That's not good. I didn't update the firmware on any of mine. I won't until it's been properly tested and people stop complaining about the firmware update causing problems for them.

I'll run crystal disk mark on mine when I get home and we can compare. I've had mine for about 5 months, and use it slightly more than regular usage.

Your reads look good, but your writes look slow. I don't have crystal disk mark to test write speeds (not sure if I'd want to). You have to have the full license for cyrstal disk mark to test writes?

I could just do a sequential write test from my RAID 10 array, which has around 300 MB/s reads and see what the write speed gets to on my SSD.

Edited by El_Capitan

Ok so i dont have this problem(dont have a SSD) but i decided to run that cmd line test. It tells me i need adim privileges to run fsutil....... This is the only acc on the PC, it is the administrator. Whats with that?

Well, this sucks. My 5 month old Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB is this (no firmware update):

post-70939-12857204438707_thumb.png

My 2 week old Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB is this (no firmware updat):

post-70939-12857206495367_thumb.png

Trim is enabled on both.

Just as a reference, here's my scores with my Corsair P128:

post-70939-12857214396846_thumb.png

And on my 8 disk Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB RAID 10 on a SATA II controller with BBU during verification (may be skewed since array is in use):

post-70939-12857670213397_thumb.png

And on my 8 disk Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB RAID 10 on a SATA II controller with BBU after verification (may be skewed since array is in use):

post-70939-1285767055658_thumb.png

And on my 4 disk Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB RAID 10:

post-70939-12857207059141_thumb.png

And on my 2 disk Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB RAID 0:

post-70939-12857219246965_thumb.png

There's definitely degradation going on, but yours seems to be holding up better than mine.

Edited by El_Capitan

Ok so i dont have this problem(dont have a SSD) but i decided to run that cmd line test. It tells me i need adim privileges to run fsutil....... This is the only acc on the PC, it is the administrator. Whats with that?

Start, type cmd, right click on app, run as administrator. Windows is picky.

Is TRIM enabled? You can check with the following at the command line:

fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify

If it returns 0, it is enabled. If it returns 1, you'll want to hit up google and see how to enable it.

I looked and got 0. Thanks, I did not know that I could even check for that. It seem to be going down fast. I may try to do a format

and re-clone back on to the drive this weekend to see if it helps. I am not willing to do a complete format and fresh install just to find out it did not help.