Phase change unit

Boinker

Well to start out bishop245 and I have aquired an old refrigerator that we intend to Butcher for components to build a phase change unit for bench testing. What I need to know is who to contact to get the parts turned into a phase change unit.

If anyone knows someone that has the knowledge and experience to do this please notify me via pm or post.

I have herd that chilly1 built roadrunners Monster that he has at the house and im not sure where the smith got his, trouble is I cannot find chilly1 for anything at this point in time.

Any direction or advise would be appreciated. and a little coaching on set-up for the unit would be even better.

Thanks in advance, Boinker.

also, if the refrigerator does not work then Ill just remove the A/C from my truck. J/K. :lol:

Edited by boinker

Now with that link boink boink and I may be in for some long weekends in building and benching :D because we may just try to do it ourselves. I have already been infecting him with my idiot ideas. Now I just need to figure out what kind of record oc's have been done with my chip on air so I can see if i can match them. Until such time as we go nuts with the mini fridge that showed up at my shops junk pile.

Now with that link boink boink and I may be in for some long weekends in building and benching :D because we may just try to do it ourselves. I have already been infecting him with my idiot ideas. Now I just need to figure out what kind of record oc's have been done with my chip on air so I can see if i can match them. Until such time as we go nuts with the mini fridge that showed up at my shops junk pile.

Go for it bishop, next thing we know you 2 will be building and selling phase changes.... lol

Thanks paul and roadrunner, I do not understand a lot in that builders guide but I will get there. I am A technician But I refuse to understand everything about what I fix. :rofl:

Edit: It may be easier to do dice but whats the fun in that. :rofl:

Edited by boinker

Yeah but you ARE THE NOOB Bishop. :whistling:

Well im going to bed now, have been having trouble sleeping lately and I think the reason is above. Bishop and his IDEA's.....

I have read through that guide and now have a better understanding so its time to take that Old frigid apart and see what works and what does not. Thanks for the guide Paul, I can say I learned something there. Thank you for the info Road-runner, im going to grab the specs off that Compressor to see what size and length cap tube im going to need to get 300ish watts out of that little compressor and system. I'm sure we will need a heat exchanger though given the one that it has is kind of dinky. Maybe if I found a benz radiator that only leaked a little I could use a water chamber system. :lol:

Again thank you guys. any more advise or direction would be appreciated. thanks for the help thus far gentleman. :cheers:

Boinker