Minecraft

Flibo

How about (and i think someone already suggested this) we start at normal and then say a week from then re-discuss it, with a feel for the new and modified gameplay.

That would give us a whole week to build though, we'd be in the same situation we are right now if you ask me. I mean the whole point in restarting the server is so we don't have an unfair advantage against the monsters.

That would give us a whole week to build though, we'd be in the same situation we are right now if you ask me. I mean the whole point in restarting the server is so we don't have an unfair advantage against the monsters.

I think the point of restarting the server is getting rid of all of the duped supplies more than having an unfair advantage over the monsters

I think the point of restarting the server is getting rid of all of the duped supplies more than having an unfair advantage over the monsters

Personally, I wouldn't mind having all of those supplies after the updates. I don't know about you guys but I don't like to be mining for a long time and get half an hour away from my supply chest and then run out of pickaxes, that's a full hour wasted because I have to go back and get a stupid stone pickaxe that is going to break again no time anyway. To me that is simply frustrating gameplay, the game should be more about exploring and less about having travel back to your house for hours and hours. I mean what's the point of a randomly generated world full of great scenery, awesome natural mines, and fun dungeons if you have to spend more time traveling back to your chest than actually exploring.

I like the idea of limiting the number of players on the server, limiting the world size to something manageable and having monsters int he world.

It would make it a lot more fun to have to band together to keep the server in good shape.

Problem with that andrew is we have to be on at the same time. And i know with my schedule that people are rarely on when i am.

Though we could discuss what we were doing on here so everyone can work towards the same goals. Helping each other without needing to be on at the same time though that is a bonus.

Edited by SpeedCrazy

Anyone want to be my minecraft roommate? :D

I think it would be fun to actually share homes in minecraft as long as we can cooperate well. Meaning ask before we take anything from someone's chest and stuff like that. By the way, did we ever come up with a mod or anything to lock our chests?

Edited by Deathmineral

A chest lock mod would be awesome so long as we could chose not to lock certain chests. Community chests and the like, would be great to have at the spawn or at dungeon entrances with food or equipment to get people back on their feet or safely home. If one doesn't exist we should find someone on OCC who knows java to try and write us one.

A chest lock mod would be awesome so long as we could chose not to lock certain chests. Community chests and the like, would be great to have at the spawn or at dungeon entrances with food or equipment to get people back on their feet or safely home. If one doesn't exist we should find someone on OCC who knows java to try and write us one.

I'm not coder myself so I don't know if this is possible but I was think for the chests, whoever lays down the chest will just automatically have it locked to where only they can access it when they first lay it down. Then if we want community chests we can choose to unlock the chests for anyone to access, though it would still be only lockable and unlockable by the owner so no one else can lock it. Like I said though, I don't even know if it's possible make the chests that elaborate.

By the way, finally got on again and explored that cave under my far far away house and it's petty awesome that the waterfall leads down there. Kind of funny that I didn't notice it before because the waterfalls were one of the reasons I chose that spot, originally there were three waterfalls but I accidentally mined one of them when I was building my staircase up into the mountain.

Edited by Deathmineral

I haven't found any mods to lock chests. I'm fluent enough in Java but I doubt I could dig into the code in a reasonable amount of time to make chests act like that.

As for restarting the server - that's going to happen. I can save the world and host it somewhere if you like (though it's HUGE because Death ran off in one direction for so long) but I don't like the duped supplies. If you mine for a really long time and don't bring along enough supplies to create new pickaxes or whatever - that's just bad planning on your part. :P

I like the biomes from what I've seen so far. The transitions aren't stellar but I like the sandy/snowy/green area separation. :)

As for monsters - more monsters spawn depending on how many people are in the server at any one moment (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that though). That should keep it relatively balanced even on normal.

If you haven't died in single player you're clearly not being adventurous enough. :P

I haven't found any mods to lock chests. I'm fluent enough in Java but I doubt I could dig into the code in a reasonable amount of time to make chests act like that.

As for restarting the server - that's going to happen. I can save the world and host it somewhere if you like (though it's HUGE because Death ran off in one direction for so long) but I don't like the duped supplies. If you mine for a really long time and don't bring along enough supplies to create new pickaxes or whatever - that's just bad planning on your part. :P

I like the biomes from what I've seen so far. The transitions aren't stellar but I like the sandy/snowy/green area separation. :)

As for monsters - more monsters spawn depending on how many people are in the server at any one moment (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that though). That should keep it relatively balanced even on normal.

If you haven't died in single player you're clearly not being adventurous enough. :P

You can't accurately predict how long you will be mining. Also, keep in mind that you can't just fill your inventory with supplies to create more pickaxes, you need space for gathering materials, that's the reason you dig.

Well if the monsters act according to how many players there are then I don't even think it would offer the option to choose a difficulty.

I'm plenty adventurous thank you very much! :P

I go out every time the sun comes up. :D