Minecraft

Flibo

So here is what we know about biomes so far:

tumblr_lax4egvAp51qzb7ox.png

What do you think? I think they just look weird. I was expecting a lot more. One place there's grass and the sun shines, walk 5 meters forward, your feet get stuck in the snow. I think the different areas should be a lot bigger and more distinct in looks.

By the way, what difficulty are we going to use? I was thinking it would be fun to use the highest difficulty for the server since there is multiple players.

The highest difficulty would just make it frustrating - if we really want to we can jack up the difficulty after a while if people don't like it on normal.

On the difficulty i would tend to agree with death, but common sense agrees with waco.

And on the biomes, i would agree that that is not quite what i had imagined. I excpected the different biomes to have different scenery, eg. snowy biome= mountians and such.

I am quite interested to see what does and does not change sunday, and how it meets/doesn't meet all our expectations.

I'm in no way interested in jacking up the difficulty. I'm going to loathe losing supplies from deaths as it is, I don't want to increase the frequency in which that occurs. Btw, does anyone else think that your armor should all be broken before you start losing hearts?

Btw, does anyone else think that your armor should all be broken before you start losing hearts?

Nah - it'd be pretty unrealistic if your armor magically absorbed ALL damage until it fell off. :P

Nah - it'd be pretty unrealistic if your armor magically absorbed ALL damage until it fell off. :P

I suppose, but the amount of damage it prevents is still about half a heart for a full set of diamond armor. Not even worth making it, imo.

So here is what we know about biomes so far:

VIDEO

What do you think? I think they just look weird. I was expecting a lot more. One place there's grass and the sun shines, walk 5 meters forward, your feet get stuck in the snow. I think the different areas should be a lot bigger and more distinct in looks.

I think it looks fine, I mean for us if you were in texas and started traveling north, you would see that kind of thing, going from no-snow to snowy.

The highest difficulty would just make it frustrating - if we really want to we can jack up the difficulty after a while if people don't like it on normal.

The thing is that this isn't just going to be one person in the world, there's about 10 or so of us playing I think and that seems unfair because the game isn't going to automatically adjust the difficulty accordingly itself like a game like diablo 2 does. I mean if even 3 people got together to create a house at night, I think it would be easy for them to do it, 1 could gather supplies while the other 2 fight off 2 or 3 monsters at the most. Normally in single player you wouldn't have a chance against 3 monsters but if the numbers are even it's not even a challenge really.

On the difficulty i would tend to agree with death, but common sense agrees with waco.

And on the biomes, i would agree that that is not quite what i had imagined. I excpected the different biomes to have different scenery, eg. snowy biome= mountians and such.

I am quite interested to see what does and does not change sunday, and how it meets/doesn't meet all our expectations.

I kind of agree with this, seeing snow on top of mountains seems very realistic, having the weather right for a piece of scenery would look good.

I'm in no way interested in jacking up the difficulty. I'm going to loathe losing supplies from deaths as it is, I don't want to increase the frequency in which that occurs. Btw, does anyone else think that your armor should all be broken before you start losing hearts?

Personally I haven't even died in single player myself yet, and I'm playing on normal, if I can do that on normal by myself, imagine how easily I could manage in the world with just 1 more person.

I kind of want to agree about the armor because to me it would make me feel better knowing that if I had 2 hearts left on my armor, I can still put that to use but as it works now, armor with 2 hearts is basically 100% useless and it bothers me that I have to throw away that item. I guess it depends on whether you want the game to be realistic or not though, like waco below says. Personally if I'm playing a game full of monsters that don't exist in real life, I don't want my armor to act realistically.

Edited by Deathmineral

I suppose, but the amount of damage it prevents is still about half a heart for a full set of diamond armor. Not even worth making it, imo.

It's definitely worth it! You can't really use diamond for anything else that's useful.