Construct a PC

Reality

Thats not over-budget, he said 1500 euros, which is roughly 2000 dollars. However he also said what website he'll be buying from, so make sure all that stuff is there. And add a better (bigger) SSD, its all well and good to be able to boot from one but how often do you actually boot your computer versus how often you launch games? You definitely want something more than 64GB!

What do you think about this:

ASUS P6T SE - SOCKET 1366 - CHIPSET X58 176 euro

INTEL CORE I7-930 - 2.8 GHZ 270 euro

GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 460 - 1024 MB GDDR5 in SLI 400 euro

2 x SAMSUNG SPINPOINT HD502HJ HARD DRIVE - 3.5" - 500 GB - 7200 RPM - 16 MB 100 euro

CORSAIR XMS3 TRIPLE CHANNEL 3 X 2 GB DDR3-1600 140 euro

Antec Twelve Hundred 180 euro

CORSAIR (CMPSU-750HXEU) HX750W 140 euro

LG W2453SQ-PF 24" WIDE TFT SCREEN (2MS) 200 euro

Total: 1600 Euro

Is this okay for the amount of money?

Edited by Reality

Any comments?

Looks OK apart from the power supply, it only has 1 x 6 Pin PCI-E connector and 1 x 6+2 Pin PCI-E connector and you'll need at least 4 x 6 Pin PCI-E connectors for your two GTX 460's. I'm not a fan of adapters so...

Take a look at the Corsair TX750W (non-modular) or the Corsair HX750W (modular) if funds permit, both great units.

If you don't like the Corsairs you'll have to find one with the necessary PCI-E connectors (4 x 6 Pin) and at least 650W preferably more. A good quality single 12V rail power supply would be the better option in my opinion.

everything looks good to me except for the power supply. I think with 2 460's and an overclocked 930 you will be cutting it a little close. If you could swing the extra cost I think you should go for something like this

http://www.pixmania....ower-suppl.html

edit: nevermind, Paul beat me to it..

Edited by Water_Hazard