Memory FSB

When I bought my motherboard (P7P55D-e Pro) and RAM (4 GB DDR3 1600), it said on the specifications that my motherboard is compatible with 1600 memory. However, when I look at the BIOS it says that it's running at 1333 MHz. How would I increase it to 1600? Help is appreciated.

You can't change it in the BIOS? I'd also physically look at the RAM to check it's speeds, sometimes they'll put in 1333's but say on paper they're 1600's. If they're 1600's, and you can't change it in the BIOS to 1600, the only other way is to hard or soft mod it. It really doesn't make that big of a difference, though. I'd not mess with it.

You can't change it in the BIOS? I'd also physically look at the RAM to check it's speeds, sometimes they'll put in 1333's but say on paper they're 1600's. If they're 1600's, and you can't change it in the BIOS to 1600, the only other way is to hard or soft mod it. It really doesn't make that big of a difference, though. I'd not mess with it.

The sticks say 1600.

change the memory divider

Where would I do this in the BIOS?

The bios may only use 1333mhz profiles as default. You may have to change the frequency manually as the bios may only support 1600mhz ram in an overclcoking profile. If you still have the case for the mobo or user manual it will probably say "1600+mhz O.C ram support" in which case you have to set the bios manually for reasons already explained. Hope this helps.

EDIT

I have just realised that you are using an intel rig, therefore im not sure if the same rules apply as to AMD

Edited by bobby898

Change your memory multiplier (just says Dram Frequency, click on it and it will give you the options to change it) in the BIOS to 12x and it will run at 1600, it's also a good idea to manually check the timings and voltage when your in there.

The bios may only use 1333mhz profiles as default. You may have to change the frequency manually as the bios may only support 1600mhz ram in an overclcoking profile. If you still have the case for the mobo or user manual it will probably say "1600+mhz O.C ram support" in which case you have to set the bios manually for reasons already explained. Hope this helps.

EDIT

I have just realised that you are using an intel rig, therefore im not sure if the same rules apply as to AMD

Well, in the manual it says that my model of 1600 MHz RAM isn't supported in 1600MHz. Not sure if it means stock and OCed, or if it means just at stock.

All you have to do is overclcok the ram in order to get it to its stock speeds because the bios doesnt have support for 1600mhz at stock speeds. This wont effect performance in any way it is just the bios lacking the support.

Change your memory multiplier (just says Dram Frequency, click on it and it will give you the options to change it) in the BIOS to 12x and it will run at 1600, it's also a good idea to manually check the timings and voltage when your in there.

Best answer voted by wevsspot :)

Anyway, now for some real help................

Enter your BIOS

From the BIOS Setup Utility Main Page select the Ai Tweaker Tab

Scroll down to A.I. Overclock Tuner

Change the setting from [Auto] to [X.M.P]

Save changes and reboot. Enter BIOS again and check to make sure that your memory speed, four primary memory timings, command rate and DRAM voltage are detected correctly (compare to the specs. for your memory from GSkill)