HDMI Audio from gtx460

Hemidare

Not sure if this is in the right forum but i have no sound coming from my HDMI out. Updated all my drivers and no dice. Uninstalled all of my realtek drivers just to make sure they were not interfering with my sound coming from my video card. Disabled the sound in the bios. So the only sound device i have is my MSI 460. Any one else having problems?

I have this running through my receiver that i play my ps3 on all the time and always have sound so the problem must lie with the video card. I have two monitors hooked up. My main monitor has an HDMI in and my other monitor is a DVI only monitor connected to my Vid Card. In sound settings i have the nvidia sound selected as default and it is the only one available. Thanks

Did you have sound before?

is the HDMI monitor the main?

try and remove the DVi and see if sound comes back

are you sure the nvidia audio driver installed with the video driver?

make sure your onboard audio is disabled

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GeForce_GTX_460_Cyclone_OC_1_GB/3.html

Somewhere in the middle of the page mentions "NVIDIA has included an HDMI sound device inside their GPU which does away with the requirement of connecting an external audio source to the card for HDMI audio"

Don't worry about it i went back to old sound. Thanks though

I have been using the Nvidia card's sound since I bought my 465's. I disabled the onboard sound because of conflicts and the HDMI actually sound alot better. The sound comes through my television not the onboard ports of the motherboard.

• 2 weeks later...

260.63 Beta driver released today:

HD Audio

* Adds lossless DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD audio bitstreaming support for compatible Blu-ray movies with GeForce GTX 460 GPUs*.

* Adds high definition 24-bit, 96 and 192 KHz multi-channel audio sampling rate support for compatible Blu-ray movies with GeForce GTX 400 Series ,GT 240, GT 220 and 210 GPUs*.

* Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 1.1.9.0.

possibly might help you

:withstupid:

My old 9600M GT on my laptop can output sound just fine via HDMI

But it was also designed to do so, not something that was just thrown on later.

From what I remember, with the 3XXX series from ATi (not AMD at this point) was the first chipset to allow audio-over HDMI. The 4XXX and 5XXX series continued this trend for all cards in the series, but as far as I know only certain nVidia GPUs can handle this.