CPU Air cooling

JaRi

For no more than €100 what air CPU cooler is the best to i7 930?

and what Fan-Controller is recommended ?

Edited by JaRi

I've been extremely impressed with both of my Prolimatech Megahalems. I believe you could pick one up, as well as a quality fan, for under 100 Euros, depending on what prices are like on your side of the pond. Here in the good ole' US of A they run about $60-$70 plus an additional $10 or so for a quality fan. There are other options out there, of course, but I can only recommend what I've used.

i dont want water because i have an High Air Flow cabinet and it would be some kind of waste to get water into a HAF cabinet.

i've been thinking of the Noctua D14 is that better than the Prolimatech Megahalems ??

i dont want water because i have an High Air Flow cabinet and it would be some kind of waste to get water into a HAF cabinet.

i've been thinking of the Noctua D14 is that better than the Prolimatech Megahalems ??

D14 is a little better than the Megahalems but not by much. Its an odd size (bloody huge really) and that can sometimes interfere with Ram with tall heat sinks but its still the best air cooling out there. I use my megahalems with Noctua fans and that gives great performance and a very low noise signature.

D14 is a little better than the Megahalems but not by much. Its an odd size (bloody huge really) and that can sometimes interfere with Ram with tall heat sinks but its still the best air cooling out there. I use my megahalems with Noctua fans and that gives great performance and a very low noise signature.

stupid.gif

Technically the D14 is the superior cooler, and a great piece of hardware at that. It is, however, a bit more cumbersome than the Megahalems. I suppose it should likely come down to the price you'd have to pay for either as well as the amount of space you have for the cooler. If you want the ABSOLUTE best, and it's practical with your build, go with the Noctua. It is indeed excellent. That being said, the Megahalems puts up similar numbers, is a bit more...compact and remains my personal preference for air coolers at this moment in time.

Honestly, you wouldn't be doing yourself any sort of disservice in going with either cooler, they are both excellent.

I can recommend the Noctua NH-U12P SE2. I have that in my system and it does a very good job. Or, if you want the best-of-the-best for air cooling, you can go with what a few others have recommended and get the NH-D14. Here is the section of the review with the tempuratures (using an i7-920 at stock, 133x20 and overclocked to 166x20 as well).

VERY nice temperatures if you ask me. :thumbsup: