cooler master v10 or noctua ndh 14

chrisdebx

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might help if you gave some system specs.

ok here are the specs:

asus crosshair formula 4 mobo

4gb ( going on 8 ) hyperx 1600mhz memory

phenom 2 955 oc to 4.1ghz ( going on 1090 x6)

powercooler pcs+ 5870

a . ton of hard drives

haf 922 case

there are plenty of newer better coolers I think

take a look at the thermaltake Frio

In my testing the NH-D14 is the TOP of the food chain. The FRIO is close but does not have the CAPACITY that the D14 has

EDIT: that sounded mean let me delete it lol

You are sorely mistaken. Frio cools better than a noctua D14, period.

as you can see in the chart, FRIO is #2 and D14 is #3 in max cooling.

however, it will be alot noisier so it may not be worth it.

The FRIO is not hands down better than the D-14. I can prove it I have them both and head to head the D14 is the winner.

The problem with the V10 is that you need to put a serious heatload on it before the TEC even helps out .

THe D-14 is the way to go if you have the coin for it!

In my testing the NH-D14 is the TOP of the food chain. The FRIO is close but does not have the CAPACITY that the D14 has

The FRIO is not hands down better than the D-14. I can prove it I have them both and head to head the D14 is the winner.

The problem with the V10 is that you need to put a serious heatload on it before the TEC even helps out .

THe D-14 is the way to go if you have the coin for it!

thanks for the help, and i prefered the noctua since i already have the model under that one!

thx for the help!

the d14 is easily better. you may also want to look into a prolimatech megahalems, as it's also an awesome cooler. Couple it with some quality fans and you've got yourself a monster cooling solution.

+1. I use Megaghalems with Noctua fans. Quiet and good performance.

I like coolermaster products but their Coolers aren't really up to it although their v6 looks more promising than the rest)

PROVE IT... if you dare! :evilgrin:

Just take a look at some of the last cpu cooler reviews I have done. The Coolit Vantage ALC or the TRUE Revision C.

Other than a dedicated custom water cooling system the only heatsink / cooling solution to allow my 920 to run prime stable at 4.2Ghz is the NH-D14.

Here is the screenshot!

Just take a look at some of the last cpu cooler reviews I have done. The Coolit Vantage ALC or the TRUE Revision C.

Other than a dedicated custom water cooling system the only heatsink / cooling solution to allow my 920 to run prime stable at 4.2Ghz is the NH-D14.

Here is the screenshot!

Noctua has a much better rep than Thermaltake. The frio has decent numbers though. +1 to Noctua OP!

Might help if you gave some system specs.

Hey rourkchris,

I was wondering what voltage ur running ur 4.3ghz on and what temps ur getting under full load.

I got a similar setup to urs:

i7-930 currently at 4.2ghz

Noctua NH-D14

Rampage II Gene

6gb RAM on 1603mhz

vcore at 1.34

Idle/load = 38c/82c

Antec 900

Im wondering if I put my NH D14 correctly to get those temps...first time I put a heatsink on by myself so I'm just wondering if I messed up or its ok.

@chrisdebx: Noctua NH-D14 is the way to go but be warned...its a tank of heatsink..barely clears my case and I had to put it in a vertical orientation to clear my RAM bars.

Cheers