Sign in to follow this  
Guest_Jim_*

Lucas Announces Star Wars Blu-ray

I still have the original VHS releases.

Ditto. Also have 1 somewhere on VHS as well as 1, 2 and 3 on DVD.

The VHS copies I have of the original trilogy were recorded ages ago when one of the local channels showed them. This was done back in '92 or '93 I think. :lol:

My dad has his copies of the original trilogy on VHS from when they were remastered in the nineties and include one thing I find interesting. At one point after or as the prequal trilogy was being made there was speculation of the third trilogy, during the new republic, being made. I'm pretty sure Lucas had said at one point that there never was a plan for making that trilogy. However, in an interview on my dad's tapes he talks about how he envisioned three trilogies for telling all of the story.

When talking to my dad about how stupid it is to not release the original theatrical version as well he made on interesting point; Start Trek did it. If you get Star Trek: TOS on Blu-ray it has both the originally aired version, remastered, and the versions with newer graphics put in, so you can choose which you watch. Maybe it's just me, but I would think that a TV show that aired for three seasons would be harder to remaster to HD than three films? Plus, the Star Wars films would sell a great deal more than the complete seasons of Star Trek.

George, you were smart about keeping the rights, but you're stupid for not giving the people what they want, because, guess what, what they want will sell better than what you give them.