Whats the best air cooler I can get for my system?

Xardas

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The NH-D14 exhibits the same behavior as the megahalems.when the thermal load increases. Its not that they get better its that the load capacity is higher when compared to other heatsinks there fore it does not fall off as quick. Now the comparison I want to see is the megahalems with the same fans used on the NH- D14 instead of some high CFM fans and calling it an even comparison.

Doesn't the Megahalems not come with any fans??

Didn't take me too long to find somewhere to get that Spire cooler: TherMax Eclipse II (manufacturer page) at Performance PCs and Frozen CPU (out of stock)

"Where to buy" can be a useful button :P

Nice! if that cooler performs just as good on the 1366s as it did on the other processors than that's a winner, it's not even that expensive!

It comes to you naked and you supply the fans just like with the TRUE and some others.

What fans were used in our review of the Super Mega?? It said generic ones and yet it still threw a beatin' to the other coolers (and Waco had found out the plain Megas is better)

Then again comparing the two reviews manually between the D14 and the Super Mega, the D14 got better temps (even though you weren't overclocked as high as airman's review) I'm sure it'd be maybe 2 to 3 more degrees higher max (which would still be cooler)

I may get flamed for this but i have the Corsair H-50 and am very happy with the performance. I have my q6600 @ 3.2ghz and it is perfectly stable for 8 hours.

Same here, H50 is a great performer in my honest opinion although i know this is a "Best air cooler" post. Just had to stand up for a fellow H50 owner :cheers: